Peugeot 206CC '03 alarm problem - footman
Ok I've done a silly thing!
Been away for 8 weeks without disconnecting the battery. Car will not now deactivate alarm using remote fob - so I unlocked with the key and the alarm goes off! Put key in ignition and nothing happens when I turn it. Lock the door and think flat battery. Changed fob battery (2016/3volt) no change.
Open bonnet - OK. Disconnected car battery - and ALARM goes off!!
Manual states not to charge battery without disconnecting it so what do I do?
Its also up tight in garage, nose first so V difficult to jump start.

HELP please - Peugeot service are not open until Monday
Peugeot 206CC '03 alarm problem - LeePower
The transponder immobiliser chip inside the igntion key will switch the alarm system off when you turn the ignition key to ON.

DONT jump start it, take the car battery off & charge it overnight, the alarm siren has a battery back up / anti tamper system built in, but it should shut up after 5 minutes of going off.

Thanks Lee,
Immobiliser chip DID NOT switch alarm off when I switched ON ignition!

Problem is made worse by fact that car is in neighbours garage in a small coutyard of 8 houses!
Siren went off for nearly 10 minutes before I gave up, and put battery back the first time!

I thought I might stick cotton wool in my ears and try removing alarm siren fuse from under drivers facia panel, then take main battery out before charging. But don't want to cause any more problems by doing this.

Removing the alarm siren fuse will just make it go off again, it has its own internal battery!

Think the problem may have been solved. Either siren internal battery has finally gone flat or I've done something right!

This time I only disconnected the +ve terminal and put battery on charge - no alarm sound.
Must presume alarm detects current changes through -ve terminal?!

I hope everything still works when I reconnect later.
The alarm like everything else electrical on the car is controlled by the BSI unit.

I hope you havent damaged that by letting the battery go flat.
Problem solved!
Battery wouldn't charge - duff cell. Bought new battery this a.m. and after fitting it and resetting alarm all is OK.
Engine management OK, alarm OK, car drives OK.
Perhaps post '02 models are more robust?