Multipla Jtd. Wrong fuel put in. - Iand
Hello all, this isn't a new problem I know but some reassurance (hopefully) wouldn't go amiss. My dearly beloved somehow, though we've had nought but diesels for the last 5 or so years, managed to put unleaded in our 03 reg Multipla Jtd. She drove until the engine began to miss-fire then called me and asked, "Should I turn it off then?". Anyhow we got it recovered to a garage flushed and re-fuelled all sems well, so my question is this-should I expect premature failiure of the fuel pump as many commontators (inc our beloved Honest John) would have me believe? I leave myself at the mercy of your collective learnings.

{Subject header given a more meaningful and less vague subject header. DD}
Multipla Jtd. Wrong fuel put in. - injection doc
in theory it should shorten the life of the pump, but I tend to see 10 cars aweek miss filled going back 10 years & never had one yet come back with a failed pump except a mondeo tdci and they are a little suspect anyway. Most injector cleaners you can by have a lubricant in them ( injector magic made by a company starting with "C" is quite good for that,It would't hurt to run some through.
Regards