Mine has arrived - midlifecrisis
Picked up my 407 coupe on thursday. Have to say, although early days, I'm very pleased with it. Looks good in silver with red leather. Fully kitted out with sat nav/phone etc and got £6000 off list. It feels very solid, no creaks or rattles and only positive comments so far. The ride is excellent (although moving from 19" alloys to 17", that's to be expected) and it's very,very quiet inside. Decided against the BMW because of the awful run flat tyres (and there's so many around), Brera came close, but the dealer was truly awful and practicalities won over. The 407 does everything I need it to do and there isn't one parked in every other space.

Now waiting for all the 'but it's a Peugeot' replies!! :)

Edited by Pugugly on 29/02/2008 at 18:35

407 coupe has arrived - cheddar
Which engine?
407 coupe has arrived - Sprice
It feels very solid, no creaks
or rattles

Neither should it have creaks or rattles!
407 coupe has arrived - midlifecrisis
2.2SE, I don't do enough mileage to justify the big price difference for the diesel. More than enough power and very smooth.

Creaks and rattles...certainly shouldn't be...but you never know these days.
407 coupe has arrived - stunorthants26
Enjoy! Its a fab looking car in a french sort of way and its likely to be a future classic aswell.
Im actually considering trying to persuade my mum to look at one as her Hyundai Coupe is proving a little difficult as we seem to always be using the back seats which while they are ok space wise, access is arkward for non-gymnasts!
407 coupe has arrived - LeePower
If I was buying one I would take a trip down the A45 to the dealer in the Wellingborough area, avoid the local to us dealer.
For those that are really bored, here's some piccys on the vec-c site.

www.forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=21113
407 coupe has arrived - Pugugly {P}
Nice MLC.
407 coupe has arrived - ForumNeedsModerating
It looks really nice, the pictures seem to do it more 'justice' than others I've seen,
the red leather the perfect accompaniment to the silver.

Those 'sensible' highish profile tyres I'm sure are best - how do you find the low speed ride, esp. over
broken/pot-holed surfaces? (are they 55% profile?)

407 coupe has arrived - No FM2R
Nice looking car, MLC. Enjoy it; I love those first few days with a new and desired car.
407 coupe has arrived - bimmer-driver
That is very nice. I can feel the jealousy building :-)
It has a very nice, smooth ride, not harsh in any way. My Vectra was fitted with 19" alloys though, so any surface on 17's is going to feel like a billiard table.
407 coupe has arrived - rtj70
Isn't the 407 Coupe built on a special, dedicated production line. Less automated and they spend more time make sure fit and quality is high.

Enjoy the car... I nearly got the 406 Coupe a few years ago but went for something more practical (and quicker) in the end. I could only afford the 2.0SE at the time on the company car scheme.
407 coupe has arrived - boxsterboy
Isn't the 407 Coupe built on a special, dedicated production line.
Less automated and they spend more time make sure fit and
quality is high.

Yes, with the Citroen C6 (same platform). The line is slower and the idea is that quality will be higher.

I do like the lines of the 407 Coupe, particularly the 'individuality' of it that the French do so well. It's a breath of fresh air after the rigid conformality of the Germans (speaking as one who earlier this month got a C4 coupe to replace an E-class).
407 coupe has arrived - Big Bad Dave
"Now waiting for all the 'but it's a Peugeot' replies!!"

Well if you ask me, it's a damn nice one. Good for you.

Hope there's going to be a nice young secretary in the passenger seat to complete the m.l.c.
407 coupe has arrived - Altea Ego
Its a good looker and no mistake. Like the 406 coupe its a "peek out the curtain just to drool at it on the driveway" car.

The best part tho is the first time you suddenly see a profile of yourself in the car in a shop window waiting at the lights! "Damn I look good in this"!
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
407 coupe has arrived - Lud
Yup, handsome. Nice seats too. Not sure about the side slots in the nose. Bit phallic. But nothing's perfect.
407 coupe has arrived - Big Bad Dave
"peek out the curtain just to drool at it on the driveway"

Check it from the landing window too, and the master bedroom. Find an excuse to walk past the house to appreciate it from the neighbour's point of view.
407 coupe has arrived - Lud
Or park it in a motorway service station and pose beside it with your arms crossed and a bad-tempered look on your face like a German.
407 coupe has arrived - Vansboy
Agree with looking at it's style n curves, from upstairs - used to do that with the XJ - must find those pictures!!

& just one silly Q, what's that button on the centre console, for?

No, not that one, the one next the one next the other one just underneath the other one next ot it above it?

NJOY it!

VB
407 coupe has arrived - Mad Maxy
Nice, MLC. What did you have before, with the 19-inchers?
407 coupe has arrived - ForumNeedsModerating
It has a very nice, smooth ride, not harsh in any way. My Vectra was fitted with 19" alloys though,

Well hats off MLC - if you really are middle-aged an can drive 19-inchers... now I'm really middle-aged.

407 coupe has arrived - Dynamic Dave
Nice, MLC. What did you have before, with the 19-inchers?

He previously had a 2.2 Vectra Sri

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=30903&...e
Thanks for the comments. I was a bit worried that it was a 'marmite' car, but I've had nothing but positive comments so far. (Two people thought it was a Ferrari...ok, they know nothing about cars....but I just smiled...who am I to correct them! :) )

Driving around Cheltenham, on another 'recapturing my youth' night (went to see 'The Christians'- brilliant) it got lots of admiring glances (it could have been me they were looking at...but I doubt it) . To solve my midlifecrisis it was either a young blond or a new car...I decided a car would be cheaper. My friend , who owns an new AMG Merc CLK was very impresed with the fit and finish. I could see the cogs whirring in his head, thinking about how much more he's paid.

The center console looks a bit busy, but once you've set everything, you don't really need to touch it. All the important stuff can be changed with the hand controls buy the steering wheel. The sat nav is very good and seems to know what it's doing for a change and the JBL stereo is excellent. Overall, absolutely no regrets about choosing it over the Brera.

It was a long night....I of course should have said 'hand controls BY the steering wheel'
407 coupe has arrived - barchettaman
Looks very nice MLC - silver/red leather combo really works. Enjoy!
(wanders off, jealous)
407 coupe has arrived - Reggie
midlifecrisis, I have followed your previous thread about which car to buy, and this one, and as prices have come down considerably since the original unrealistic list prices, your purchase has brought this car back into contention for me when my 406 is eventually changed, so thank you.

With regards to Peugeot unreliability, I have owned my 406 for eight and a half years, and it has been very reliable to own. Still on the original discs at the front and original battery, one new radiator, one set of glow plugs and two drop links. The only time it did let me down was when the front suspension coill spring broke, and that collapsed the front suspension, but luckily this happened in my drive. Apart from that service items, and so although you can never say never, I don't think there should be much to worry about.

Enjoy.

Reggie
407 coupe has arrived - Martin Wall
Car looks fantastic. What's the build quality like? The reviews I've read say that because you can't see the front of the car from the driver's seat the (standard?) front parking sensors are a must-have item.

Anyway, enjoy your new wheels and maybe post a short review once you've done a few miles. Not sure about those 20,000 mile service intervals though. Surely the oil must be changed before then?
407 coupe has arrived - borasport20
I think you ought to be pleased with yourself - now go out and have fun in a motor car before somebody (?) has to arrest you for it !

--
Go on, get out of the car...
www.mikes-walks.co.uk
407 coupe has arrived - Vincent de Marco
>>> got £6000 off list.

Nice one.
- - - - - - -
Free enterprise is the basis of western economy.
407 coupe has arrived - Murphy The Cat
I saw one of thes today in a deep red / light maroon colour and very nice it looked as well.

MTC
407 coupe has arrived - PhilW
Lovely.
Hope it serves you as well as our Froggy cars have - mind you yours is a fair bit better looking than most of ours have been!

--
Phil
407 coupe has arrived - Round The Bend
MLC, nice one! Will be interested to see how you get on with it. I'd always fancied the 406 coupe but family demands have prevented it - but have earmarked the 407 variant as a possibility in years to come.

Certainly hits my Criteria No. 1 = must look good!
_______
IanS