306 alarm - chesterfieldman
bought a 306 xs today. either the key pilp doesnt work or the sensor in the car doesnt work. the alarm was disabled, so it wasnt a problem. I then disconnected the battery whilst fitting my stereo. when i re-connected, the alarm had been reset. with out the key fob or sensor not working i cant not disable it, i also do not have the key for the key hole near the battery under the hood. really need some help
306 alarm - LeePower
Easy

Look on the right of the steering column trim for a small button.

Unlock the car with the key in the door lock, open the door & the alarm will sound, then get in & turn the ignition on, press that button within 10 seconds & the alarm should then be disarmed.

If that doesn't work try from the start again but trying pressing & holding the button then turning the ignition on.

Been many years since ive had to do this on a 306
cheers your a life saver mate.
does this stay de-activated,until activated or battery disconnected again, or will i have to do this over and over?
306 alarm - LeePower
Should stay off till activated with the fob or the battery is disconnected again.

Reason it activated is on battery reconnection it automatically arms the system.

Take it you have the infra red fobs, either try a new battery or drying out the control unit in the roof because the aerial seal has leaked water in.
ok thanks, big help.
yeh i have fobs. battery on 1s dead i think, but on the other, the red light flashes when pressed which proberly means batteries ok, does it?
how do i go about drying the unit out?

dan
306 alarm - Dynamic Dave
You can test infra red fobs by pointing the LED towards a digital camera, or by holding the fob near a portable radio tuned to AM. If it's working you'll see pulses of light in the digital camera LCD display, or hear a series of blips / beeps coming out the speaker of the radio.
306 alarm - LeePower
Im not sure on the 306 with the infra red set up but you could try recoding your keyfobs, Ive no idea how to do the ones on the 306 as PSA used some many different systems I cant remember how its done, someone on here will though.

If that doesnt work, isnt for this system then the infra red control unit for the remote keys is located in the roof consul.

There's a few different types of consul, normally there's a couple of torx 20 screws hidden under the map reading light, that just pops out with gentle persuasion with a small flat blade screwdriver.

Unclip the sunvisors from the front & then it just a case of lower the rear edge down to & away from the front of the car to release the front clips.

The black fag packet size unit above the red dome with a plug with 4 wires going to it is the one your after, most likely find its got a little wet, drown it in WD40 & allow it to dry over night & cross your fingers.

Its the aerial rubber seal that lets water in as the car gets older, all PSA stuff does this, just remove the aerial & a little clear silicone sealent around the seal before you put it all back together, getting a helper to hold the aerial while you do the nut back up makes the job easier.
306 alarm - thomp1983
programming 306 fob is turn ignition on to setting two(dash lghts on not started) then press the fob near the sensor above mirror

chris
whats the auto diagnosits light for? should it come on when engine is cold?

dan
306 alarm - LeePower
Auto diagnostic light should come on at the pre start warning bulb test then go out within 3 seconds of the engine starting up, if its on all the time then its stored a fault code in the ECU.
pre light comes on, then off when started. Then if i stop at a junction or in traffic etc. a couple of minutes later, it will come on, then go off again once moving and will stay off
dan