Council Raising Speeding Thresholds - Fullchat
On our local TV tonight here in East Yorkshire the leader of our council was interviewed regarding a proposal to increase the thresholds for the issue of speeding tickets.
He readily admitted that the scameras appeared to be revenue generators and that they did not pay any consideration to someone who has had a clean licence for say 20 years having a lapse and getting snapped at just over the limit in a place that was not particularly a hot spot. He said that this was not particularly fair and suggested that perhaps the treshold should be raised from 35 to 37 and perhaps just a letter of caution issued for a first offence if marginally over.
First bit of commonsense I have heard from a politician in a long time!
As the council are part of the Safety Camera Partnership' it will be interesting to see if the idea comes to fruition.

--
Fullchat
Council Raising Speeding Thresholds - Pugugly {P}
Must be election time loomig or am I a cynic ?
Some late night case prep PU??
--
Fullchat
Council Raising Speeding Thresholds - L'escargot
On our local TV tonight here in East Yorkshire the leader
of our council was interviewed regarding a proposal to increase the
thresholds for the issue of speeding tickets.

Does this mean that councils issue speeding tickets? I've always assumed this was the preserve of the police.

(I've only ever had one SP30 which I paid without question. This was from a constable in a car parked in a side road and he timed me with a dash-mounted digital stopwatch from one tree to another. My alleged speed was quoted to two places of decimals!)
--
L\'escargot.
Council Raising Speeding Thresholds - Collos25
Police do not have anything to do with cameras.
Council Raising Speeding Thresholds - L'escargot

Please excuse my ignorance. It comes from me never having had anything to do with speed cameras! ;-)
--
L\'escargot.
Council Raising Speeding Thresholds - martint123

They sit behind them in vans and change the films in static ones from what I've seen.
Council Raising Speeding Thresholds - martint123
FC I see the sentiment is spreading as well.

" A controversial plan to issue warning letters rather than fines to speeding motorists has won the support of the East Riding's senior traffic officer. "
Having said all that the figures they were talking about were raising the threshold from 35 to 37 which in reality is only a speedo needle width. I wonder where the Speed Seminar option falls into the proposal?
--
Fullchat