Wheel stuck vw golf - ajsdoc
Embarrasing call to the breakdown company this evening. Got a flat, duly jacked up the car, undid the nuts, then couldn't get the wheel off. Felt a real numpty. Thankfully(?) the breakdown guy also really struggled (in fact kicked my wheel harder than I felt reasonable!). Anyway it came off, told me not unusual with alloys but I've never had this before. What should I do to stop this happening again? If it does happen again are there any tricks rather than kicking the whhel very hard (I think if I'd kicked so hard with the car jacked on the scissor jack the car would have toppled!)
Wheel stuck vw golf - a900ss
BMW 320d with 17" Alloys:

Whenever my tyres are changed, the fitters ALWAYS have to get a rubber hammer to the inside of the wheels to get them off. They hit the wheel from the inside and knock it out. I agree, not very practical to carry a rubber hammer but....
Wheel stuck vw golf - Screwloose

Good old Copaslip puts a stop to that little problem. A smear all over the mating face and particularly round the centre boss will ensure no corrosion next time.

Ferrari's were terrible for this. If they had a puncture before their first service, you had to knock seven bells out of a very pricey Borrani alloy to shift it at all. All the time under the disapproving gaze of the owner wondering what on earth this clown was doing to his precious new car!
Wheel stuck vw golf - Big Bad Bob
hi i was in breakdown recovery for years and this was always a prob. I used to get the wheel off with a leather hide hammer then get a bit of sand paper, then clean off the ridge that the weel fits on, then get some copper slip and put it on the lip that the weel fits on. You will find that you will not get this problem again. I've seen wheels that have been so stuck on that when the people tryed to get it of they bent the rim. hope this helps
big bad bob
Wheel stuck vw golf - jc2
If it has a flat,this way is no good but to get an inflated one off,just undo the wheelnuts one turn and drive it up the road-100 yards is usually enough.
Wheel stuck vw golf - Roly93
If it has a flat,this way is no good but to
get an inflated one off,just undo the wheelnuts one turn and
drive it up the road-100 yards is usually enough.

That exactly how I did my car recently. Afterwards vaseline or any other type of grease applied around the centre boss prevents this scenario which is caused by the 'dissimilar metals' effect.
Wheel stuck vw golf - danielvalente
Ditto to the BMW comment. I use to own a BMW 3 searies that had the same problem and I made a numpty of myself calling out a tow truck when I could not get a flat off, the hammer treatment got the problem sorted and I was on my way. Told coleagues at work and they have experienbced similar problems. From what I can tell a very common problem.
Wheel stuck vw golf - Red Baron
Had this on the Mondeo. Fortunately I was at home, but even a rubber hammer was not enough and I certainly did not fancy getting far enough underneath the car to get a really good swing.

Better solution would be to dissappear into the undergrowth at the side of a road and find a nice bit of broken branch or fence post. A 3-foot long bit of 2x4 got the wheel of in one go.
Wheel stuck vw golf - Cliff Pope
When driving with the wheelnuts loose failed to shift it I resorted to wooden packing between the two wheels and then a 20 foot scaffold pole as a lever.
Wheel stuck vw golf - bhoy wonder
Happened to my golf about 3 years ago. AA man came and it took him about 20 minutes to remove the tyre. Not an uncommon problem he advised.