MOT question - Miller
Being totally ignorant of most mechanical aspects of a car, could anyone please advise me if the wheels are removed during the MOT test? The reason being is that it is due soon and I was planning to rotate the tyres to even out the wear, but it would save me the hassle of doing it myself if the MOT tester were to do it for me if the wheels had to be removed anyway. Thanks for any info.
Re: MOT question - Guy Lacey aka Golf Geek
No - the wheels stay on assuming the car flys through the MOT and you don't need new pads/discs/cv boots/etc/etc/etc.
Re: MOT question - Miller
@!#$!, there goes 2 hours of next Sunday afternoon then! Thanks for the quick reply.
Re: MOT question - Jonathan
You could still ask them to do it for you, while the car is in and they have the pneumatic tools to do it quickly. Offer them a tenner cash.
Re: MOT question - Andy P
I once had wheels swapped around, and the pneumatic gun tightened them us so much that I couldn't shift them, even with an extension bar on the wheel brace. Had to take it back and get them to loosen them for me. Now, I always insist on them being tightened by hand.

Andy
Re: MOT question - j.cronin
"Just Tyres" I was pleased to see use a spider brace and a torque wrench and are still competetive;they even fitted the new tyres on the front and moved the previous front wheels to the back all for no charge.EXCELLENT!!!