306 clock/temp - scfc_151
i was wondering if anyone new how to solve this?.....

i have a 306 2001 with a digital clock/temp gauge

i used the cigarette lighter for the sat nav and after that the light has gone out on the clock. The power has not completely gone because when the ignition/engine is on, the time and temp are visible but very faint as if the ignition is off.
i have checked the fuses and plug in the back and the interior lights etc work

im not sure if this is just conincedental that this has happened after using the cigarette lighter but just wondered what things i can check

cheers
306 clock/temp - LeePower
The bulbs may have blow.

Peugeot / Citroen say the clock is a sealed unit, it isnt, you can change the bulbs once you can get at the back of said clock.

Never done a 306 one yet but the clock is the same as what was fitted to the series two 405 & ive done many of those clock bulbs over the years.
thanks a lot lee i thought it was a sealed unit too thats why i didnt think it was the bulb but ill have a look at it and see if will pull apart
306 clock/temp - thomp1983
lower section of dash where cigarette lighter is will pull away carefully to reveal two posidrive scres holding the clock in, remove them then the bulbs just twist out in there holders

chris
306 clock/temp - LeePower
You do have to carefully take the clock apart to get at the bulbs, dont bend the pins inside when you split the 2 half's, 4 plastic moulded clips as part of the housing hold it together
sorted the bulbs turn out of the back with a helpin hand from some needle nose pliers theres 1 out of 2 bulbs gone

im surprised i thought it would be a sealed unit

thanks