2002 SEAT Ibiza radio code problem - Soupytwist
My SEAT Ibiza diesel was serviced and MOTed on Friday. On the way home form the garage I turned on the radio and it seems that the battery had been disconnected since the screen displays the prompt for the radio code. However, on consulting the manual to get the code and the correct way to enter it I can't make it work. I get the display to read the correct sequence of digits but then nothing happens upon pressing the button to confimr the code.
The garage that did the service can't look at it 'til Thursday and the MOT station have been less than helpful. Does anyone have any ideas please ?

Thanks
--
Soupytwist !
Just in case anyone wants to know I went to the local SEAT dealers who demonsatrated how to do it. The manual tells you to enter the code and press the PTY button, that doesn't work, you have to press the SCAN button.
--
Soupytwist !

Would you Adam and believe it, same thing happened to me today - car MOT'd battery disconnected and needed to re-input the radio code. This time I remembered that the manual instructions were incorrect but couldn't remember the correct way to do it. So a quick google bought this thread up and here I am again, having been outside and done it. Is this the only thread on here with three posts, all from the same person?