Ford Focus Instruments acting oddly - matt79
Hi Can anyone help me or offer advice with a problem I have with my Focus?
Its a 99 T plate 1.6 Zetec with 51k on the clock. Recently the dashboard instruments have started behaving oddly when I turn the ignition on to start the car. When the ignition key is turned to start the engine, all of the dials (temp, revs, speedo & fuel guage) spin round to their maximum points, before returning to their normal positions, as if they are resetting themselves, also the digital tripometer resets to zero (the total mileage indicator stays as it is though). I have had no electrical work done to the car recently & the car drives fine, with no misfiring, flat spots or stalling, & all other electrical components (radio, windows etc) are operating as normal. I dont know if anyone has had the same thing happen to them?
Any thought or advice is gratefully received.
Ford Focus Instruments acting oddly - Wales Forester
Similar symptoms to the age old speed sensor fault on the earlier Focus models, albeit you're not moving when this happens by all accounts. Do forum search (right hand menu) for 'Focus Speed Sensor'. Could also be a symptom of low battery voltage from what i can remember.
Ford Focus Instruments acting oddly - elekie&a/c doctor
These are the classic symptons of a low battery voltage.Suggest you get the charging circuit and battery tested.I doubt if the speed sensor is faulty as this would cause stalling and a non- working speedo only.
Ford Focus Instruments acting oddly - bathtub tom
See:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=30036&...e