V.W. sharon. wiper motor. - sparky100
The winderscreen wipers on my wife`s Sharon have slowed up so much on a trip to Liverpool and at one point stopped in the middle of the screen. This was quiet frightening on the m-6 inpouring rain.The next day they seemed to operate ok. I just wondered whether any one out could shed some light on this problem.Thanks in advanced.
V.W. sharon. wiper motor. - tonyglover9
can get expensive.if you act now you could save your self money. most likley one of or both the linkage spindals are siezed remove wiper arms and soak in a freeing agent.a good one is called plus gas.
V.W. sharon. wiper motor. - Screwloose
sparky

Tony's right; seized spindles are epidemic on all the Shalraxys. [And Golfs etc.] They're not waterproof enough to be taken out in the rain.

You'll be lucky if you can get away with just lubing them. Usually it's a whole new wiper linkage assembly - and often a new motor as well.
V.W. sharon. wiper motor. - sparky100
Thanks for advice . I dismanteled the wiper linkage this afternoon and the passager side spindle was seized up .But freed it up with WD40 , I greased all the pivot points and reasembled the linkage, works perfect now.Thanks again.