New supermini - Gabe
Hi there. Am looking to spend 9-10k on a new supermini. I want a vehicle of quality - something that is reliable, fun to drive, etc. I'm thinking of buying a Diesel. I've basically narrowed it down to two cars: VW Polo and the Peugeot 207. I'm keen on the latter but have heard nightmare stories about French cars. Bad mechanics, unrealiable, etc. Any suggestions?
New supermini - jc2
You haven't thought about it,but try a SportKa;you can buy a new one at that price;yes,I know it's got FORD on the front and back but EVO magazine said it's the best performance and handling of any of the superminis for the money.
New supermini - mss1tw
Most VW's can be described as having 'varied' reliablity these days! As for handling...hmmmmm....
New supermini - Xileno {P}
Yaris diesel.
New supermini - LeePower
Im a 206 owner & I had the misfortune to be leant a 207 for a day, total letdown & disappointment in my eyes.

If your set on a 207 then hire / borrow one for a few days & see if you can put up with it.

New Corsa would be worth a test drive.
New supermini - tyro
Someone will be along shortly to recommend a Suzuki Swift.

If you want a diesel, Mazda2 might be worth thinking about. There are not many around, but they have a reputation for reliability, and apparently fun to drive. Which? reckon that they are very under-rated.

A fairly fun, reliable, diesel supermini is the Skoda Fabia vRS - a little above your price range, but you could get one a year or two old - or spend a few pounds more.
New supermini - tyro
I've just realised that there is a Suzuki Swift diesel - which is in your price range