Nissan Micra - startup problems. - Lovemymicra
Had help before with my micra - another problem - I start the car, it fires up no problem, but then dies. If I persist, and press the accelerator down to the floor it will eventually keep going - anybody got any ideas? I think it may be an ignition problem - it happens when the engine is both warm and cold - it has just had a full service - the car is a 1993 1000L Micra - thanks -
Nissan Micra - startup problems. - piston power
You need to check the basics, good spark? clean out distributor cap and contacts, i think your car does not have points, but if so replace!,
check fuel supply to carb ok? worth fitting inline fuel filter to see the fuel. advance timing slightly? probably damp with this wet white stuff!! wd40 etc on electrical items does the trick, good luck..
Nissan Micra - startup problems. - Screwloose
L.M.Micra

These have a well known problem with bad connexions on the coolant temperature sensor for the engine management. This fools the ECU into over-fuelling and would fit with the "start then dies" and "full throttle" reference.

There's a modified sensor and bit of wiring available from the dealer to sort that problem - if that's what it is.
Nissan Micra - startup problems. - McP
Check the fuel pump fuse near the passenger side headlight.
They can get wet and fuse/holder will eventually corrode away.

On our Micra the legs had corroded off of the fuse.
New fuse and a good spray of WD40 did the trick.

I think the over-fuelling fault Screwloose mentions is if you have started the car the night before and only had it running for a few minutes i.e to move it. It is then hard to start in the morning.
This can be overcome by removing the fuel pump fuse and trying to start the car until it just turns over without trying to start.
Reinsert fuse and start - This can take a while.

Have a look at this too.
www.micra.com.au/technical-articles/cg13de-throttl...p