'98 Astra rear shock absorber - Cornish Lass
On way home from the weekly shop yesterday, passed through some speed humps, and noticed a knock at the rear of the car. Thinking "Oh damn my exhaust hanger has come off again" I carried on for home trying to ignore it!

Hubby had a look when I got home and to our shock (excuse the pun!) the rear damper has pulled out of its lower joint. Not sure if the bush has failed and fallen out, or the thread itself has snapped, but the end of the shock is just waving around.

Anyway, off to the garage tomorrow to book in, but just wonder how safe it is to drive? Have to drop my son at school about a mile in one direct, then go to garage a mile the other. Then obviously school run again in the afternoon, plus the same for how ever many days before garage can fit in (although they are usually pretty quick so hoping for Tues/Wed at latest).

Any advice please?

Thanks, L
'98 Astra rear shock absorber - piston power
Drive carefully and stick to speed limit, replace both rear shocks as matched pair, also check those rear springs are not broken? cheap to do your self not a hard job .
'98 Astra rear shock absorber - Cornish Lass
Thanks for that. Garage said virtually same thing, so I'll take it easy. Booked in for work to be done on Wednesday.

Thanks again