Subaru service data - Aprilia
Anyone happen to know if Subaru service data is centralised; i.e. if I go into a Subaru dealer can they bring up the full service history of the car - even if serviced at other dealers?
Subaru service data - Dave N
A couple of years ago it wasn't. Most of these dealers are (were) small family run type places that just didn't have the infrastructure in place.

I notice a few new Subaru dealers are now the big names, so that will probably be the end of the previous good service.
Subaru service data - Ed V
Not certain of this. Haslemere knows my history since I bought it from them, but I'm not sure if they tap up on screen its history from the Plymouth Subaru garage from which they bought it, before selling on to me. The two dealers made, I know, £3,000 between them off me/original owner!!
Subaru service data - hillman
I have to go in very soon to have the balance of the accessories fitted, reverse parking aid etc. I'll try to remember to ask. I do know that the sales people have access to the national database.
OK, I found out there is no national database of service data for Subaru. Was trying to find the history of car for which service book has been lost. Unfortunately the servicing Suby dealer has gone bust and there seems to be no way to recover the service history. Seems strange in this day and age, but car dealers tend to be very old fashioned in their approach to IT.
Subaru service data - Happy Blue!
The dealer I had the Forester serviced at In December 2005 went bust a few weeks later. It was near Wigan - is that the one Aprilia?

No, this was one in Kent.
Subaru service data - Falkirk Bairn
>Seems strange in this day and age, but car dealers tend to be very old
fashioned in their approach to IT.

Unless the Franchisee is forced to spend money on IT by way of subsidised hardware/software or forced to by the manufacturer many garage owners will spend nothing on IT.

I knew someone in the garage software a few years back and that was his opinion.