What price? - Tim
I would appreciate a dose of HJ's realism and advice on what price to ask for my Avensis 1.8GS. I have trawled through the various web sites - Glass's Guide, Parkers, Auto Express, Loot, Auto Trader checking out what they think this car would fetch at a private sale, and the spread is nearly a £1000.

I put it in AutoTrader at £6,590 and didn't get any bites (but then I checked the magazine and they had the wrong phone number - Durr!) I have seen this model as low as £5,300 and Glass's was talking of £4,300!! with dealers asking £6,995.

So what should I go for??

Car is an Avensis 1.8GS 5dr manual, silver 1999 T plate June reg, has 2 months manufacturer warranty left, Tax to Oct '02, FDSH, 27,000 mostly motorway miles, a/c e/w c/l in what I would call good nick ie no dents or scrapes, 2 new tyres, tidy interior and all the bits work.

Cheers

Tim (can't believe how little a sound motor is worth these days)
Re: What price? - Stevieboy
Yes, I know it doesn't need it until June, but who's going to pay top-whack on a 3-year old car that hasn't got an MOT? Stick a 12 month MOT on it.

Steve
Re: What price? - Honest John
Glass's says £5,625 for a 99T with 36,000 miles. I reckon you could get £6k from a private ad. Just ask a straight £6,000. Don't muck about with £5,995 or everyone will think you're a trader.

HJ
Re: What price? - Tim
Cheers gents, and good suggestion about the MOT.

Tim
Re: What price? - J Bonington Jagworth
"can't believe how little a sound motor is worth these days"

So why not keep it?