Ford Fiesta - jim o
My 02 fiesta seems to require a lot more power on each gear change. Its like trying to move the car from a satnding position while in second gear. But its not just that I have to really step on the accelerator at the start of eacg gear change but requires a lot more gas when encountering a bit of a slope. My garage says the cluthch needs replacing but would this account for needing to press on the gas long after I've changed gear but want to speed up or go up a bit of a hill. It sounds like the engine revs a lot but its not being transferred to forward motion. Is the garage right in just needing a new clutch assembly ?

JIm
Ford Fiesta - neil
Yes, absolutely classic symptoms. Make sure they fit a complete set of driven plate/pressure plate/release bearing rather than just the driven plate, which would be a cheap bodge option. Ask for decent quality parts - in your place I'd use Ford original bits, they're usually cheap enough.

Hope that assists.

Neil
Ford Fiesta - jim o
Cheers Neil thats really reassuring thanks very much (been quoted £290 for parts and fitting).
Ford Fiesta - neil
Jim, not sure about that price, although I'm out of touch. I'd phone a Ford dealer and get a price for the parts, and then for the whole job... I'd be surprised if it were more than you've been quoted, but i could be wrong. (Or is that a dealer price you've mentioned?)

Neil