Mondeo TDCI shuts off - gbc
My Mondeo TDCI 2.0 (2002) automatic gearbox, with 90.000 miles, when warm, (at normal working temperature), around 60 / 70 MPH enters "safety mode", (the glow plug lights) and 9 out of 10, a few seconds later, the engine shuts off. I stop, restart the car and everything is ok ! and the problem will repeat...
The Delphi guys and the Ford dealership here in Portugal could not find the problem. The last one told me the common rail pump had too much pressure and told me a new pump had to be fitted, but they were not 100 % sure!
Any one had a similar problem?
Mondeo TDCI shuts off - emu
had a car come into the garage where i work doing the same thing. runs fine for a while then with no warning goes low on power and sometimes cuts the engine out. stop the car, restart it and its fine again.

2 fault codes came up on it 'P0251 fuel pump metering valve etc' and 'P0116 (i think) fuel pressure too low/high)'. we fitted a new fuel rail pressure switch but the problem remaind. we eventually had to send the car to ford main dealer to recode the fuel injector.

hope this has helped. EMU
Mondeo TDCI shuts off - cheddar
i would get a dealer to read the fault codes, reprogramme injector(s) as required, 2nd step might be fuel rail pressure switch, if pump then expensive though pump failing would record low not high pressure I would think.
Mondeo TDCI shuts off - Graemetdci
Something similar happened with my 2002 1.8 Focus TDCi which turned out to be the IMV valve controlling the common rail pressure - threw up similar fault codes as well. Like yours, the car would drive along fine and then without warning, the glow plug light would flash, shortly followed by going into limp mode and then cutting out altogether. The IMV valve was replaced (late October passed) and had no problems since.