specs cameras in Blackwall Tunnel - guygfr320
I have heard from a reliable source that TFL have installed specs (average speed) cameras in the blackwall tunnell. There are no warning signs and the cameras are hidden. As such you cannot be given points on your licence but you can and will be fined for breaking the speed limits that are 30 in one direction and 40 in the other so causing confusion and inadvertant breaking of the above speed restrictions.
specs cameras in Blackwall Tunnel - Altea Ego
Sorry where does the "cant be given points" "and can be fined" come from?

With reference to specs -a thought has crossed my mind when I think back to the specs on the A1 round knebworth way. Given they are cameras and they have no flash, how well do they work in the dark or poor light?

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
specs cameras in Blackwall Tunnel - rtj70
"how well do they work in the dark or poor light?"

Infrared iluminators I think. They are the two extra "pods" either side of the camera itself.
specs cameras in Blackwall Tunnel - Altea Ego
ah yes
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
specs cameras in Blackwall Tunnel - rtj70
Still do not fully understand OP. If they are hidden (i.e. you cannot see them) then they won't spot you??? They are forward facing cameras with the infra-red bits either side.
specs cameras in Blackwall Tunnel - v0n
I supposed hidden as in painted black on the black strip where the new speed limits light board are rather than the usual bright canary variety. I haven't noticed the cameras on my daily commute but I know for sure there are speed camera signs on both sides of the tunnel for years, so I'm sure they are pretty much covered from the legal standpoint.
--------------------
[Nissan 2.2 dCi are NOT Renault engines. Grrr...]
specs cameras in Blackwall Tunnel - perleman
There are quite a few gatsos on that piece of road, on the south side of the tunnel heading north there's one just as the speed limit goes to 30 in true sneaky style. But I've never seen any in the tunnel... it's the limehouse link tunnel you have to watch out for with SPECS - funny to see all the bankers in their SLs and CLs and 6 & 7 series, going along at a steady 29.9 MPH!!