New Mazda3 - Starting hesitation - Mazda Owner
Hi all! I've owned a new Mazda3 for a just over 2 months. All's been fine until a very recent spate of hesitant starting. Prior to this the car started at the first turn of the key, very much like the previous Mazdas I've owned over the years.

So, the starter motor is turning, but would appear to be a fuel problem perhaps. The car hasn't been 'flooded' because there's no situation that could have caused it.

If it continues, then it's back to the Mazda dealer, and then I suppose the fun will start there, or maybe not!

It takes the edge off of a very nice car. I'm not being fusy expecting the car to fire-up first time everytime am I?

Any suggestions? Strange, but I never thought that I would have cause to complain about hesitant starting of a Japanese car.
New Mazda3 - Starting hesitation - Anglesey Ian
I'm watching this with great interest because I've had an ex demo for 2 months now and mine's behaved impeccably....really pleased to date

Ian
New Mazda3 - Starting hesitation - Aprilia
Cars are complicated things and even the best designed and assembled can throw a fault now and again.

What do you mean by hesistant starting? Not catching or catching and running rough for a moment?

Could be CTS fault or crank sensor....or a few other things.
New Mazda3 - Starting hesitation - turbo11
Are you doing very short journeys,or moving the car short distances.
New Mazda3 - Starting hesitation - Anglesey Ian
You've gone ominously quiet and coy there MazdaOwner.

Come on and give the gurus an opportunity to help

Ian
New Mazda3 - Starting hesitation - Mazda Owner
Hello There! I'm back! Sorry, left you in limbo for a few weeks.

Well, as they say, no news is good news! After 4 consecutive days of the engine being reluctant to starting first time, for the past three weeks it's been starting perfectly, first time. I haven't a clue why it had a period of poor starting, but it could be a list of a thousand things!

So, I'm back to being a satisfied Mazda3 owner once again.

It's a beautifully crafted car, very well built, good spec and equipment levels. Minor niggles? Yes one - the interiors lights don't stay on for more than a couple of seconds after the doors have been closed. It would be good to have the interior lights on for a bit longer to allow passengers to fasten seatbelts. As a I said, it's a minor niggle.
New Mazda3 - Starting hesitation - the-astra-boy
I would just like to say that the new Mazda 3 now is more of a European car and not a Japanese as the Mazda 3 is completely patterned now to German designs.

For example in the hood, take a look at the radiator, it doesn't have a removable cap in itself like a normal Japaneses car, but instead the removable cap where you put coolant would have to be the expansion container itself. Japanese car usually have two removable caps for a radiator, one in the radiator itself and the other in the container.

Ford, since it owns Mazda basically has consulted Germans for their new vehicle lines, just like the Focus and now of course the Mazda 3.

Problems may arise as different experience lines comes across (Japanese-German). Japanese have been very good in producing mass productions with technology employing the strategy of Stevenson (a great American operations consultant) and the Germans basically, as i would say this as I am a fan, are usually really advanced and the quality is really high or maybe in Europe itself. Europe is considered in International Business as centers of power in car technology. Come to think of it, when you say Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo, Jaguar, BMW, Benz-- you see any Japanese in these? So now Japanese brands are slowly getting the designs of European cars to be more competitive. So now when you turn on the head light of new Japanese cars, you have a separate switch like a knob typical of European cars and not the typical switch in the steering alongside signal lights etc.

Just a thought.

Well, good to hear your car is okay now, but nothing to worry for your car is new, you can make use of your warranty.