01 Focus rear wheel bearing gone at 50k - local yokel
SWMBO's 01 1.6 Focus was making a speed-related noise from the NS rear, that stayed when the brakes were applied. Jacked it up and noticed straight away that the wheel had far too much wobble on it.

The rim has no damage, so I'm wondering why a bearing should go at a fairly young age/mileage?

I've been quoted c £100 all in to replace it, which seems OK. Its last service was at an independent, so I can't imagine Ford being prepared to help.
01 Focus rear wheel bearing gone at 50k - local yokel
Just searched HJ to find that there's a long history of this problem, and a service advisory from 2002. My local Ford dealer knew nothing, of course, and Ford are not part-funding the repairs in any instance.
01 Focus rear wheel bearing gone at 50k - LeePower
Focus rear wheel bearings are a well known weak spot in the trade.

Easy enough to do diy but if the car has ABS fitted make sure you get the correct bearing & fit it the correct way round, its marked on the bearing.

01 Focus rear wheel bearing gone at 50k - Waino
I'd heard of Focus wheel bearing problems before - does this weakness apply to particular models/years?

SWMBO has a 52 1.6 Focus Chic, and the tyre/road noise always makes me wonder if the bearings are on their way. - though the garage always reassures me (?) that they are OK!
01 Focus rear wheel bearing gone at 50k - John F
My wife's X reg 1.6 Focus Estate, 45,000 , now hums loudly enough especially on R hand bends enables me to locate duff bearing to N/S rear, £25 from local spares shop. What is 'the right way round' ? It looks v slightly tapered as the 'middle' rim is v slightly thinner at one end. I was hoping to tell when/if I managed to remove the faulty part.
As far as I know the car has never been overloaded [e.g.cross channel booze cruise] so I wonder who is the guilty parts supplier? [my replacement has 'Spain' written on it] First I've heard of this but then I'm not in the motor trade....Ford should reimburse at such low mileage!
01 Focus rear wheel bearing gone at 50k - henry k
Our V reg Focus with 55K failed the MoT due to O/S rear wheel bearing.
It had not been abused for the last 30K in our ownership but had been singing for a little while.