advice please! - barney100
Just before Christmas we set off to meet a coach by taxi. The driver unloaded our cases etc , I paid him but he shot off with one piece of luggage. Of course we all thoougt all the luggage was aboard the coach the one peice containing swmbo's Gucci watch wasn't. Anyhow by the time we had got to Germany we had managed to get my daughter who was over here to 'phone the cab co and had the case taken to a friends for safe keeping. Guess what, the watch wasn't in it. We had taken out insurance but of course they won't pay as the watch was let out of our sight. Now have I a small claims case against the cab Co.? I know I should have been much more careful but we had 86 year old father in law with us and while trying to take care of him I didn't have the nounce to take care of me too. Any advice or comment welcome, swmbo is very upset as it was a 30th anniversary present and she hadn't even worn the watch.
advice please! - Altea Ego
First thing you need to do, as you suspect the watch was stolen by the driver, is to inform the police and obtain a crime number. It makes any claims later much easier.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
advice please! - Armitage Shanks {p}
And you can file a report and get a crime/incident number on line