Door lock mk3 Fiesta - pullgees
The drivers side front door wont latch without a hearty slam. When this first happened I aimlessly fiddled with the catch at the edge of the door to see what was wrong and accidently locked it while the door was open. I tried to unlock the door using the key but nothing happened. So went round to the passenger door to see if I could work out what had gone wrong and fiddling with a screwdriver I unbelievably locked that door as well which again would not unlock using the key; I was left with both doors that would not close. Only by more teasing with a screwdriver and constantly working the handle did the catch move into the correct position. In all my year of motoring I've never incountered this problem, is that normal in locks?
Door lock mk3 Fiesta - bell boy
its a mk3 fiesta and pretty common im afraid, they will still work as you have found but the door slamming gets worse
try some oil type product that squirts from a can when the applicator is pushed in the mechanism as you pull the latchbit up with you screwdriver and pull the handle on the inside.
Long term solution?
New door mechanisms (S/H scrappies in real terms)
you can convert 3 door to 5 door by using the appropiate cables for the internal mechanisms
hope that helps
happy new year
Door lock mk3 Fiesta - vince992
take out the lock and take the plastic cover off. You will see a spring broken bend another hook on with a piece of wire this should sort your problem