Daewoo Matiz wet floor update. - graham woods
Hi every-one out there, hope you all had a great xmas, and you have an even better new year.Well my little daewoo matiz is still driving me crackers !!! I originally thought that is was my heater matrix, and a week or so ago removed the entire carpet from the car to try and see where the water was coming from. And it has remained bone dry for a while. On thursday it rained on and off, and on friday night rained quite hard, i was driving both these nights, and kept an eye on the drivers floor for any water entering the car at all.......BONE DRY !!! When i got home at about 10 pm last night, still bone dry, so i was well pleased........ The morning after about 11 am I opened the drivers door..... and guess what......Yes the floor on my side was covered in a puddle of water about an 16th of an inch deep, all over the drivers side floor. The passenger side was totally dry. I cannot see any water droplets coming from behind the brake pedal area at all. Any-way, this morning i phoned a windscreen place, and booked it in with them to see if they can find where the water is coming in. I am that pis..d off with it at the moment, I am even dreaming about it....... I will let you know what happens next...... Happy new year, to you all.Graham.
Daewoo Matiz wet floor update. - mss1tw
Door seal/skin then.

My Toledo leaked again today...POS.
Hi there, Cheers for the reply. I have looked at the drivers door in detail, and cannot see a drop under the bottom of the door, also the door seal seems fine, and i cannnot find any evidence of drips around the door seal....... I have just had a thought of what it might be........ Someone {swearing edited out - DD} could have a key to my car, and during the night sneak in and pour a bucket of water carefully on to the drivers floor..... Then lock it back up? Happy new year to you and your family, Graham.

Could be something as innocuous as a gromit for the throttle cable/wiring loom/bonnet release etc
Daewoo Matiz wet floor update. - Simon
Dry it all out, then sit inside and watch whilst someone else gives your car a good drenching with a hosepipe. The water should start to seep in from somewhere and thus you should be able to identify the problem.
Hi there simon, Thanks for your reply. I have already tried this, but no joy. It is going to a windscreen place on wednesday, and they say they are hope-full in finding the problem.......... I am dying to find out where it is coming from, and as soon as i do i will post it on here. Thanks again, and happy new year to you and your family, cheers, graham.
Hi there mss1tw. Thanks for the info...... I have stopped looking for the leak now, as i am that fed up with it. It is going to a windscree place on wednesday, and i am praying that they can find the problem. i will post an update on here as soon as i know anything. Happy new year to you and your family, cheers, graham.
I am doing exactly the same with my Toleakdo. Good luck with yours!
Daewoo Matiz wet floor update. - storme
if u already have the carpets out...try this...

sprinkle talcum powder inside the foot well and anywhere u think it may be leaking from

then you can soak the car yourself with a hose pipe and see where the leak is coming from

if this sounds silly (!! oldman !!) it isnt....but it will leave beads of water running from wherever it is leaking from

(ps seperate topic...happy new yr to "oldman" ...truce???)
--
sometimes a little bit too much opinion....but its only because i care !!!
Hi there storme. Seems like a good idea to me....... I was going to take it to a windscreen place tommorow. but now have another problem with it..... It is using a lot of water in the top up res, but i cannot find any leaks any-where. And tonite i have noticed a strange odour coming out of the heater, smells just like putty, weird or what ? So it looks like a trip to the garage tommorow. I will give that a try with the talc, and let you know. Thanks again, Graham.
Daewoo Matiz wet floor update. - Aprilia
if u already have the carpets out...try this...
sprinkle talcum powder inside the foot well and anywhere u think
it may be leaking from
then you can soak the car yourself with a hose pipe
and see where the leak is coming from

Once did this on a mates leaky Renault van. After a few minutes I had to open the door and jump out to avoid drowning - so much water coming in from so many places!
Daewoo Matiz wet floor update. - jc2
On one of my vans it was easier just to take the rubber plugs out of the floor.
does your heater work??? sounds like the heater matrix has a leak?? if your losing water from your coolant...and have a "sweet " smeeling odour (anti freeze) ad cant find a leak elsewhere....then maybe is coming from under the dash via the heater matrix?? i hope not
--
Daewoo Matiz wet floor update. - Dynamic Dave
does your heater work??? sounds like the heater matrix
has a leak??

If you check previous threads posted by Graham, and the replies, you'll see we've already been down this route quite extensively.
just because he couldnt find it then doesnt mean he cant now...with the talc....

and you tell me what smells inside the car...like putty....which is quite a sweet smell....just like anti freeze

i get the feeling your having another pop...please victimise someone else..or i'll just change my ip address and user name
--
Storme,

I will say this once and once only (mainly because your paranoia is becoming tiresome)

I am not having a pop at you, nor am I victimising you. I wasn't having a pop at you before either, but your paranoia thought otherwise.

If you care to use the forum search you will see that I have previously asked Graham about whether the liquid in the car smells of anything. He confirmed that it didn't. Hence my earlier reply.

To save you the bother of searching, I have done it for you.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=47165&...e
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=47282
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=47433&...e

And if it makes the slightest bit of difference, I agree with you about using talc to help trace the leak.
dave..while i agree it may be tiresome for u to see the same posts over and over again...when people give an answer to a problem,,they do not search the whole database..some of your examples are from a month ago..how do i know what was asked a month ago?? and why would i search the whole forum looking to make sure that same question wasnt asked a month ago...surely your job as the moderator is to moderate?? and not bring people up because they gave an answer that A you dont agree with or B an answer that has already been given..??

a moderator should moderate... it is also unfair of both of us to hi jack this post.
Storme,

It is your paranoia that is becoming tiresome, not me having to read posts over and over.

I was meery informing you that I had previously asked Graham that question and politely indicated to you that a forum search would have seen the answer to the question you asked. You then went off on one accusing me of having a pop at you and victimising you (again!)

For the record; I both moderate, and also post as an individual - the latter being the majority of my postings in the BR. When I do have to moderate a post I clearly indicate so by signing off (or when I've edited something)with either "DD" or DD, BR Moderator". If my posting hasn't been signed off in that way, then I am posting as an individual just like you and everyone else on here.

To clear up any misunderstandings, I am posting as both an individual and moderator in this particular post.

If you have anything further to say to me, then I suggest you take it to email so as not to hijack Graham's post further, but to be honest with you, I don't really have anything further to say, apart from-

- if you still have the receipt for the anger management classes, then I suggest you try seeking a refund.
- don't change your username. Storme is quite apt.

And now back to Graham's leak dilema please. Any further hijacking will be removed.

--
DD. BR Moderator (in certain places of this post)

(Apologies to Graham, btw)
Blimey, Hope i have not upset any-one on here !!! Well, i have just got back from the garage,where they placed a thing called a pressure tester on it, and Yes they have located the leak to a split water pipe, which some-one at some time had taped up with insulation tape......some crazy people out there or what..... The smell they say is a mixture of the leaking antifreeze etc, which storme kindly pointed out. When i first bought this car about 3 months ago, it seemed to be losing a bit of water then, so i asked a mechanic to look at it, and he did the same thing with a pressure tester,and said it was fine. i wonder if his tester is faulty ? Any-way, the car is going in the garage later today to be sorted, and while they have it they are going to have a look at the mystery water that keeps coming in the car when it rains...... i am praying that they find it !!! I will post the result as soon as i know. Thanks every-one, Graham.