Renault Trip computer - borasport20
Unlike Jermy Klaxon and the late lamented Adam, i'm not keen on running on fumes, so last night on the way home I was not happy when the range on the trip computer dropped from 62 miles to zero in the space of less than a mile.

Has anybody else experienced this - the car is a Megane 1.5 dci.

I understand that fuel consumption varies and that such things have limitations, but to change from having 60+ miles of fuel and 'none' in the length of a motorway slip road is a bit disconcerting !

--
Go on, get out of the car...
www.mikes-walks.co.uk
Renault Trip computer - Xileno {P}
They all seem to do it. Quite disconcerting when it first happens... Mine did it in rural France last year. It's Renault's way of having some fun :-)
Renault Trip computer - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
This more or less happened to me in the Passat last year on a French autoroute.
Range was projected at 50 odd miles, no bother I thought, there are plenty of filling stations en route.
Boy was I sweating when I rolled into the service area with under 2 miles left.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Renault Trip computer - jc2
Put a can in the back!!!!
Renault Trip computer - borasport20
Well I borrowed swmbo's car and filled a gallon can and put it in the Megane and it must be super juice, because the range has gone from 0 to 153 miles - don't believe it will happen tho'

It seems as if the logic is 'you need to fill up, so we are not going to let you know how much further you can go !'. This is exactly the opposite of what i want from a range indicator, but in a curiously french way complements the automatic wipers that do exactly what I dont want them to do and lights that turn themselves on and off at moments when the one thing you would not do is turn your lights on !

--
Go on, get out of the car...
www.mikes-walks.co.uk
Renault Trip computer - Xileno {P}
You need to reset the computer and the MPG & Range will settle back. You can deactivate the auto headlamps if you wish.