Astra 1994 !! URGENT !! - playboy
Hi,
brought the missus a astra without her knowing for xmas, no i connected the battery and in the engine bay top left corner it started sparking when puting battery back on, then smoke started coming out if the interior middle vents a little, iv brought a new battery cohnnected it and still same thing the wipers on the front wont switch off so i had to pull relay out and all the lights work interior/dashboard but when i go to turn it over it just makes a noice like there is no spark. is this a prob with earth wire?
suggestions pls as its now xmas eve!! it started perfect before this happened.
Astra 1994 !! URGENT !! - playboy
I also forgot to add the central locking packed up at same time due to wotever thgis prob is and now you have to open manually.
Astra 1994 !! URGENT !! - bell boy
sounds like you have the battery in the wrong way round
got to admit these vauxhalls especially corsas, im always getting the jump start battery terminals wrong way round due to no colour coding on the wires :-(
Astra 1994 !! URGENT !! - Peter D
Yep my first thought as well oldman, the battery is in wrong way round. Regards Peter
Astra 1994 !! URGENT !! - mss1tw
Is it going to be safe to use after getting the wiring hot enough to start the insulation smoking? (It's only 12, shouldn't be smoking at that age...sorry)