Alloys for a saxo! - Closure
Hello everyone I just got some alloy wheels "Race Line 3 studs".
My car is a citroen saxo spree 1.0i, it has 3 studs and currently 13inch wheels.
The new alloys are 15 inch, my question is do I need spacers? or can I just replace them like normal?

Closure
Alloys for a saxo! - Xileno {P}
Unless the rolling distance is the same, I think you will have problems with the speedo and gearbox ratios.
Really?
I see your point but 2 inches, wouldnt change much will it?
Also is that a no for the spacers then?

Closure
Alloys for a saxo! - LeePower
Different size wheels & tyres from the original equipment does affect the speedo & also the cars performance out on the open road.

You need to find a 15" tyre size that closely matches the overall diameter of the 13" wheel & tyre combination.

Try a tyre size calculator, play around with the 15" sizes & see if you can get close to your OE wheels.

www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Also putting 15" wheels on a Saxo that original had 13" rims & not getting the new tyre size right will mean the car takes ages to get up to any decent speed & you will also lose a fair bit of top end performance as the engine struggles to turn the larger wheel / tyre combination.
Alloys for a saxo! - kithmo
Really?
I see your point but 2 inches, wouldnt change much will
it?

Depends on the size of the tyres. If you fit a lower profile tyre on the larger rim then it is possible to achieve the same rolling radius as the standard wheels which will mean the peedo and gearing is still the same. However, if you fitted the same profile of tyre, with a 2" larger diameter wheel, then you're going to get just over 6" further aong the road for every revolution of the wheel and the car won't pull away as well.
Alloys for a saxo! - bell boy
these wheels if set up for the 3 stud saxo should have come with the spacers if they are needed
suggest you fit and try them
be warned these saxos have pretty poor wheel bearings and it wont be long before youy hear them groaning
or the gearbox
im not going to ask about the insurance angle ;-)
Alloys for a saxo! - LeePower
15" rims should be alright with the MA gearbox, normally 16" & bigger rims that causes trouble on this design of gearbox.
Ok I have checked the Dimentions of the wheels;

Stock Tire
sidewall: 4.3in
radius: 10.8in
Diameter: 21.5in
Circumf: 67.7in
Revs: 936in

New Tire
Sidewall: 3.5in
Radius: 11.0in
Diameter: 21.9
Circumf: 68.8in
Revs: 921

What you think? Going to be ok?
Alloys for a saxo! - Simon
Assuming that your Saxo originally had 155/70 x 13" tyres, then you will need something like 195/45 x 15" tyres on your new wheels to keep your rolling radius almost the same. Then your speedo will still read about right. So what size are the tyres on your new wheels?
195/45/15 :P thats lucky.
Will I need to purchase some spacers as im getting the garage to put the alloys on tomorrow.

Closure
Alloys for a saxo! - Group B
195/45/15 :P thats lucky.
Will I need to purchase some spacers as im getting the
garage to put the alloys on tomorrow.

What is the offset of the existing wheels, and what is the offset of the new alloys, should be stamped/ embossed on them somewhere?

This tyre size calculator gives you the percentage difference in circumference, and recommends the difference should be no more than +/- 2.5% .

www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html
Alloys for a saxo! - Group B
Sorry meant to add, if those are your tyre sizes posted by Simon, then they will be fine for diameter.