Superbikes - commetators - Steve
I know superbikes are so much more exciting than processional F1 with three overtakes per race instead of three per lap but it is better watched with the commentary off IMHO. What is this 'wire' that things are going to? A fit young man riding a 150bhp+ bike is decribed as 'looking strong'! He is then described as 'putting down the hammer' - I would have thought picking it up would have been more useful but who knows? Then there is the stuff we don't want or need to know - "Steve, the 27 years of age plumber from Sheffield whose wife had a baby girl last week" etc. Can he ride, great, never mind about his home life! I couldn't do any better myself, if I felt the need to talk for the duration of a 30 minute race, that's for sure. Noting the bike numbers and switching the sound makes for good viewing
Re: Superbikes - commetators - Wee Eckie
He must be able to ride. Other answer is the postman.
Re: Superbikes - commetators - Guy Lacey
I must admit - that bloke does sound as though he is going to have a coronary at any minute. Reminds me of a commentator at the UK round of the World Mountain Bike Series in Newnham Park, nr Plymouth - known as "Pipeline Pete" - the constant flood of double-entendres and goofs from the Devonshire Dillon were extremely embarassing considering the world class event. He never returned!

Another commentator I can't quite reckon with is that Geordie who commentates on the pool champs held in Lakeside, Thurrock shown on Sky sometimes. He makes what is a pub game being held in a shopping centre sound as crucial as peace talks in Israel.
Re: Superbikes - commetators - Tomo
More crucial.

You don't get a result in peace talks in Israel!

Was there not an Isreali car once?
Re: Superbikes - commetators - Tomo
Oh dear, got that backwards. You'd think I typed with more than one finger.
Re: Superbikes - commetators - John S
Was it the Sabra?

Regards

john
Re: Superbikes - commetators - chris
re superbikes, wouldn't it be more involving to watch if the engine nise was more prominant and possibly the commentators less. Still a million times better than F1 though.
Re: Superbikes - commetators - Dave
Even better than superbikes was the last two years of GP250's. THose guys are slightly mad in my opinion!

Great racing! - Anyone go to the pound weekend at brands a two weeks back?
commentators ...Grrrrr! - ian (cape town)
When the Champions League is on, we have a choice - watch live on ESPN with two complete tossers giving made-for-america commentary, or catch it with 'proper' commentary and one hour delay.
90% of the local pub customers opt for the latter option, and woe betide anybody who comes in and tells them the score!
To bring this back to motoring, the early morning GP's are shown again at Sunday lunchtime, and woe betide etc etc etc ...
Re: commentators ...Grrrrr! - THe Growler
I think it was a Reliant built under license.