Ford spec 5W/40 oil, best price? - cheddar
Hello,

I have offered to service mother-in-law's Focus, where is the best place currently for Ford spec 5W/40 oil? Also I am going to ask in "Technical" though does anyone here know the engine oil capacity, it is a 2002 1.6 auto?

Thanks.
Ford spec 5W/40 oil, best price? - Stuartli
Your best bet is probably a local motor factors - most are happy to sell to the general public and often at trade prices.

I used to buy a 5L can of Unipart's 5/30w for one of the offspring's 1.4 Zetec engine for about £14 from a motor factors near me and the filter was also very reasonable.

Or see:

tinyurl.com/yhgj2h
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Also:

www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/880/mia/d/comma+syner+d+5w...2
Thanks guys, Halfords do 4.5 ltrs Castrol for £26.99, I will check out local motor factors.
Thanks guys, >>

Sorry, I mean thanks Stuart!
Could be worth reading up this HJ thread (there are one or two others as well in similar vein):

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=25346&...f
Ford spec 5W/40 oil, best price? - jc2
My local Ford dealer charged me just over £10 for 4.5l.
Ford spec 5W/40 oil, best price? - caesar
I have just got a couple of 5/30 cans from ford for £11 each.
Only went for one but at that price thought i might as well get a couple.
Must be worth giving them a look.
I have just got a couple of 5/30 cans from Ford
for £11 each.>>

Where was that, my dealer wants £22 + vat for 5 ltrs?

Thanks.
Ford spec 5W/40 oil, best price? - caesar
My local ford in South Lincs wanted about the same money as they have quoted you.
Ten minutes on the phone and about six ford garages later Bingo,£13 plus a nice discount just for asking.
Saying that for some reason theres about six fords in a twenty mile radius around my area and the cheapest was eight mile up the road.
Shame really the ford one mile away tried to con me over my mot so now never to be trusted again,
Nevermind at least i had the pleasure of vosa smacking there wrist.
Bought 5 ltrs of Ford Formula E 5w-50 semi syth for under £11 at my local dealer, normal price £22 + vat on offer this month. This is to do an oil and filter change on my inlaw's Focus, I thought about doing the same on my Mondeo for the first time myself because the service dept charge nearly £30 for the 6.5 ltrs it requires - plus filter and labour of course - though the parts guy said that the service dept use Shell in bulk, i.e. different stuff.

I am intrigued as to which Shell product this is, as far as I can determine they dont make a 5w-30, the nearest being 5w-40 Helix Ultra, or perhaps they do bulk trade packs only in Ford spec 5w-30?, or perhaps they make the Formula E for Ford so it is the same stuff?

Any thoughts?

Ford spec 5W/40 oil, best price? - jc2
Ford oil is Texaco.
Certainly used to be though Shell and Texaco also cooperate.
Ford spec 5W/40 oil, best price? - quizman
Shell do a 5W/30 A1/B1 oil, you can get it from "Linings and Hoses". I think you can also get it from Emo Oil which supplies heating oil.