Road/Rail works in South Lincoln - Armitage Shanks {p}
Anybody entering Lincoln from the South will be familiar with the grisly delays where a main railway line crosses the main road into the city. Network Rail has announced that it to spend £55 million to replace 2 miles of track and upgrade the signalling - and I thought motorways were expensive!
Road/Rail works in South Lincoln - AR-CoolC
I live in Lincoln so know the crossing well, It crosses the high street close to the city centre. The barriers can be down for up to 30 minutes in every hour, this can cause large tailbacks for pepole heading down the high street into town.

The original suggestion was to spend £200M lowering the rail lines below the level of the road and build an underground station, but this was passed over for the £55M plan mentioned above.

Now I have a very clever plan, and that is..........if I'm driving into town for what ever reason, I don't go over the crossing, there is no real need to, so I don't!!

There just saved £55M which would be put to much better use dueling the A46 all the way to the M1.
Road/Rail works in South Lincoln - Mad Maxy
A46, I challenge you to a duel! I shall drive you back all the way to the M1.
Road/Rail works in South Lincoln - L'escargot
can cause large tailbacks for pepole heading down the high street
into town.

If you're travelling north then you're going up the High Street, surely? The Strait is at the top, and St Catherines is at the bottom. ;-)

--
L\'escargot.
Road/Rail works in South Lincoln - Armitage Shanks {p}
"Down" as in "Along" I think!
Road/Rail works in South Lincoln - AR-CoolC
Now now Mr Snail no need to get pedantic ;-)