Third year warranty work - BobbyG
Following on from another thread, I am getting various bits of warranty work done on my Scenic in its third year. Now I remember somewhere that the first 2 years are covered by manufacturer and third from dealer. But how does this actually work?

The dealer that is doing the warranty work is not the dealer I bought it from. So who is footing the bill? Is it Renault? Or is there a "collective" pool that all dealers pay into?

Anyone shed any light on this?
Third year warranty work - PR {P}
I believe the third year warranty is underwritten by a company on behalf of Renault UK, so as long as you bought your car from an official UK Renault dealer then it is fine. What isn't usually covered by these third year warranties are parallel imports, (unless there is a 3 year manufacturers warranty).
Third year warranty work - Xileno {P}
"But how does this actually work?"

Cursing and thumping the service counter usually works ;-)

You may find certain items are not covered in the third year.
Third year warranty work - geoff1248
"You may find certain items are not covered in the third year."
And you can bet that these will be the very items that need replacing
Third year warranty work - type's'
I think the work is still funded by Renault UK just as all other warranty work.
They word it in the contract as such to encourage you to buy from a dealer instead of a car supermarket.
I asked this same question when I bought VW's and this was the answer I was given.

Off course if you buy Jap / Korean you get a full 3 year manufacturers warranty (5 with Hyundai).
And it does not degrade over the warranty period as in "You may find certain items are not covered in the third year." above.