Ford Ka (again!) - exhaust manifold/c - DP
Following on from my other thread, it looks like we will be removing the cylinder head from this car tomorrow.

I have a quick question re: the exhaust manifold and cat.

My plan was to separate the cat/downpipe from the manifold and remove the head with the manifold still attached. However, it looks like the manifold, cat and downpipe are once piece. The first join I can find in the system is where the downpipe joins the middle section roughly level with the engine sump.

My (Ford) manual says that looking towards the ground from the engine bay, there should be four bolts spaced equally around the "top" edge of the catalyst where it joins the manifold. On this car, these bolts don't exist, and from what I can see, the entire manifold, cat and downpipe are one piece.

Am I missing something? it's going to be awkward as hell to take this whole lot off with the head, and one of the lower exhaust manifold nuts is completely inaccessible with the head in situ meaning taking the manifold off the head is going to be very difficult.

Cheers
DP
Ford Ka (again!) - exhaust manifold/c - oilrag
I think if it were mine, I would be following the trade advice from Oldman.
After all, whats to lose but say an hours labour while they try to Mig weld a bar to the plug remains?
Ford Ka (again!) - exhaust manifold/c - bell boy
you should see the nuts looking up from the floor on your back as it were (they do on a fiesta anyway )