mondeo mk3 front suspension - peter5205
Hi
Fairly new here, i havea qusetion, hop esomeone could perhaps shed some light on it for me.

My current car is mk3 Mondeo ST220, (June 2002) with 44k on the clock.
It doesnt do big miles etc, normal everyday trips, nothing long.

However recently i have noticed that when driving and say going a slight bump or uneven part of the road, theres a thud although not loud, only slight from what seems the front drivers wheel.

I have read here that some have had this on the rear, only with mine its def the front, one side.

Now my thoughts are this, could it be the front anti roll bar bushes need changed? (If so a big job? alot of money?)
Or could it simply be the front drop link bars ?

Any thoughts or experiences would be great to hear, and much appriciated.

Thanks

Pete
no ideas then! no problem thanks anyway!!!!
mondeo mk3 front suspension - Galaxy
Could be a broken front spring.
mondeo mk3 front suspension - rtj70
Didn't wait long for a reply. Post in the middle of the night and then complain at 8pm the same day. Someone knowledgeable might be along but it is the weekend when normal people have lives.

I had a problem on my 53 plate Mondeo TDCi with bushes. It was a squeak from what I thought was the rear. Turned out to be a front bush. Couldn't comment on which part of the suspension because fixed under warranty. But the problem was definately a squeak and not a thud.

I'd personally get it checked out ASAP for peace of mind at least.
mondeo mk3 front suspension - Micky
">Any thoughts or experiences would be great to hear, and much appriciated.<"

Really? In that case, I'm sure you would appreciate hearing about Pug's seminal experience with the drunken French cross-dressing Messiah and a yowling Yamaha.

Front ARB bush replacement is a bit more than basic DIY but achievable for the average home mech, IMHO.

Take it to F*rd and ask them to give you a price to clear the fault.
First off thank you for your replies, and taking the time to do so.

Some of you chaps took one of my posts slightly off lol.

Certainly not meant that way, anyway however, ill double check for a spring, but doubt that.

As far as bushes go on these, iv been told that it can be a common fault on the rear.

Really? In that case, I'm sure you would appreciate hearing about Pug's seminal experience with the drunken French cross-dressing Messiah and a yowling Yamaha.

Eh... No!

I am also aware that people have lifes as i have hell of a life myself meaning that i dont get much time to come on here, as i at least do my best and my part in keeping some the streets in this neck of the woods safe. Or at least i like to think so.

Again many thanks for yourt houghts on the subject..

Have a great Xmas everyone, and may the new year be kind to all.
mondeo mk3 front suspension - rtj70
Have a great Xmas yourself and an equally good new year.

If I read: "i at least do my best and my part in keeping some the streets in this neck of the woods safe. Or at least i like to think so." to mean you work for the Police, or similar, also take care over the xmas period if you know what I mean.
mondeo mk3 front suspension - cheddar
I have had a Ghia X TDCi 130 from new, May 2002 now 111,000 miles, I replaced the rear subframe bushes myself at around 100k miles, you would not mistake the rear bushes creaking/clonking as coming from the front.

I have recently and only occasionally had a slight thunk from the offside front over sharp ridges/ripples, had a look and all is in order, it is only occasional so not too concerned though would be interested to know if you get yours diagnosed.
Just thought id write to say that i have kept a close eye on the tyre pressures, and reduced them as they where higher than the handbook says, and appears to have a made bit of a difference, however i am going to change the anti roll bar drop link bars for aset of new ones, and shall le tya know if its even better after that, as iv been told that this can cause what iv been hearing.