A4 timing belt replacement-who 2believe? - bbroomlea{P}
I have an A4 1.9TDi is shortly due for a timing belt. I am getting conflicting stories from 2 Audi dealers, 1 VW dealer and an independant.

The belt was last replaced at 56879miles and the car is currently on 111388miles. The Audi garages are suggesting leaving it until the recomened service interval which is showing 8400 to go on the onboard computer. The VW dealer says its due at 117000 miles and the independant says its due every 90000kilometers which is about 55800 miles, hence due very soon.

Anyone else been in this situation? The belt was only done 2 years ago so would I be taking a risk waiting until the service is due?

Thanks in advance
A4 timing belt replacement-who 2believe? - bell boy
get audi garage to warrant all repairs if it goes early
or get it done now for peace of mind at the independant if he is good
the result?
an all win solution for you with peace of mind thrown in
A4 timing belt replacement-who 2believe? - DavidHM
Realistically, will you still have this car when the timing belt is due again? (Actually you might, mightn't you?)

However, assuming a belt costs £250 from the indie, you are debating about whether to keep it on there for 55k or 62k miles - so about £32 worth of timing belt.

Are you willing to bet your engine that the belt will last another 7k miles to save £32?
A4 timing belt replacement-who 2believe? - nick
I assume it is out of manufacturer's warranty now. If it does fail before the Audi dealer says it needs changing, I think you'll see them step sharply backwards and deny all knowledge. For peace of mind, assuming the independant is good, I'd get it changed. If it was my car with that mileage it would only see a main dealer if the indy couldn't do a particular job.