Yellow lines and signs - LHM
On a local housing estate, one small section of road has had 'no waiting' signs (on poles) erected along it, but without any accompanying yellow paint on the road surface or kerbstones.

Are the signs alone enough to enforce the parking restriction, or do they actually need the lines? It would be quite possible to draw up between the signs and fail to notice them at all -especially at night - and the lack of yellow lines would not alert the driver to go looking for them!

I've not fallen foul of them, but was just wondering, should this happen to me elsewhere....
Yellow lines and signs - Westpig
is the road maintained by the local authority or is it private

it's not unheard of for signs to go up inc yellow paint on the floor on privately maintained roads e.g supermarket car parks/hospitals etc...........in which case they are advisory only, as they're not subject to the Road Traffic Act and similar

check for clamping signs though
Yellow lines and signs - Dwight Van Driver
A Waiting restriction is generally indicated by both signs and lines so it would appear that what you mention are purely advisory. It may well be that the section of road involved is that small that it does not justify the expense of bringing in a Regulation Order.

Check with you local authority to see if they have or are in the process of obtaining an Order.

Bear in mind that the presence of signs mentioned could help in the prosecution of obstruction.

dvd
Yellow lines and signs - No FM2R
Osrry to butt into the thread but can I just point DVD over to this thread...

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=45...9
Yellow lines and signs - Dwight Van Driver
I hope that that isn't a confession of sin(s) committed.

If so then shame on you and back to the willpower.

If not then well done again on your ability to extend your life by years, breathe clean air all around, taste food, have more sexual prowess and hopefully unlike me put on masses of weight that won't shift.

dvd