Pro`s and Cons of buying new on the net - heartburn
Ok so the pro is cheaper, but are the cons, have you guys got any good/bad experiences that you want to share.

Is the timescale quicker than showroom, What about warranty problems,sevicing etc.

Im looking for a corrolla verso T180 and i dont think paying over 21k to a showroom is a good idea , but paying 17 k is , and this will be my first brand new car.
Pro`s and Cons of buying new on the net - Statistical outlier
I've done it, it was dead easy, quick delivery and all funds paid to UK main dealer.

Can't think of any disadvantages except dealer may not be that local. Even then, most companies will deliver the car to you, and main dealer network generally delighted to pick up servicing etc.
Pro`s and Cons of buying new on the net - bristolmotorspeedway {P}
Try the showrooms....my own experience, also buying my first ever brand new car, seemed to pay off...

I recently bought a new Avensis T3-X 2.2 D4-D, did lots of homework on the net in advance before visiting the showroom. Took a print out of the best net deal and told the salesman (politely!) that this was what he was up against, if he could get close then we could have a deal and I would sign there and then.

A little bit of to-ing and fro-ing later and I ended up with a (I think) 12.5% discount, c£1100 under the What Car target price at the time, and a monthly payment within £7 of that quoted by the online broker. If I recall, I paid about £300 more than the online price (based purely on invoice price, excluding finance).

On top of that, I felt I got a very reasonable trade-in price for my old car (Mondeo), certainly several hundred pounds more than I had been offered on it previously and £200 more than Parker's currently give for its trade in value.

Took delivery within 2 weeks, and could have had it sooner if I hadn't waited for the 56 plate.

So, whilst your online quote looks a bargain, it might be worth seeing how close a dealer can get, taking into account finance (if applicable) and trade-in values they can come very close. The convenience of buying from a dealer is a plus point too, but it's down to you how much more you think this is worth.
Pro`s and Cons of buying new on the net - blue_haddock
I used to work for a toyota dealer selling cars through brokers - my customers got the same level of service as any other retail customer and could take advantage of any standard offers available. The only advantage a local dealer will give you is a better PX as the online dealer will be bidding blind so will err on the side of caution.

If you have any questions my email is in my profile.

Kev
It will be a cash sale , no finance , px is a p reg mondeo (not wrth a great deal)
Iwas under the illusion that cash sales offer less than finance as the dealer makes on finance.so how do i whittle the dealer down.

I like the verso as its a 5 + 2 seater and the performance on the T180 wins it for me.
Unless there are other models (5+2) with better performance than the T180 coming up.
Pro`s and Cons of buying new on the net - pmh
I support the HJ endorsement of www.Drivethedeal.com

See my personal experiences at
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=40152&...e
All good!
--

pmh (was peter)

Pro`s and Cons of buying new on the net - peterb
"I've done it, it was dead easy, quick delivery and all funds paid to UK main dealer."

Same for me (the dealer was, I believe, Mr Haddock's former employer)
"I've done it, it was dead easy, quick delivery and all
funds paid to UK main dealer."
Same for me (the dealer was, I believe, Mr Haddock's former
employer)

Near the Brewery?
The net route is the cheaper option then , but how would i fare if i had to make a warranty claim , i ring the broker , but what gaurantees do i have that the car will go to a local dealer.What happens if the broker disapears a year or so down the line.
Once the transaction has taken place you have no contact with the broker, indeed often once a deposit has been given you have little or no contact with them.

Any warranty issues or general servicing can be done at your local dealer.
Why are there brokers then? scuse me for being thick. If a dealer can sell to a broker at a lower price , why are these discounts not given to joe public.
I recently went to a Ford dealership in the interest of buying a s max and i hinted about drivethedeal prices and wether he could match , but all i had of the salesman was scare stories, so @ that time he lost a potential deal.
Because the dealer makes very very little on a broker deal - he gives away pretty much all his profit in discount and commision to the broker. However it means that he can be pretty sure of hitting all sales targets and that is where they often get extra volume related bonus from the manufacturer.

An example i will use is a toyota corolla - the most you would get off a main dealer with a lot of haggling would be 5% discount, i would give 10% straight off and a further 1% went to the broker as commision. If you had no extra or finance the dealership would make about £50 on the deal after PDI and prepartion costs.

Your average dealer could not make a living on those margins but in my dealership we had the usual retail set up and me in an office knocking out broker deals. I did the volume so that the retail guys could afford to pick and choose the deals they did.

My customers were treated equally with normal customers and in fact i would also do things like pick people up from the train station and even local airport to make the job of collecting the car even easier. Whilst they didn't get the free flaps, mats and tank of fuel the extra savings more than made amends for it. I was based slap bang in the middle of the country and had customers from all reaches of the uk - as far north as Aberdeen, as far south as Penzance and even a few customers from over in Northern Ireland.

As i said - i've been through this process more than your average guy so feel free to ask any more questions.
Pro`s and Cons of buying new on the net - Number_Cruncher
like pick people up from the train station ...

Such generosity! How far was your office from B??t?? station? 500 yards?

;-)

Number_Cruncher
Hey it sometimes rained!
Ha ha ha!!

Nice one!
Pro`s and Cons of buying new on the net - Avant
I've found that the problem with brokers is that they tend not to be keen on part-exchange. The Drivethedeal site gives you a quote, but if you then ckick on part-exchange, it advises you to sell your current car privately.

Has anyone got a happy experience of PX-ing a car through a broker?
I did do some PX but the price i gave was basically what i would expect the car to fetch across the block, when you get this level of discount you can't expect an inflated PX price. I would say to my customers try to sell it privately and worst case scenerio is that you've got my bid as a fall back plan.
That is what ebay is for ,px`s

dont knock the guy for tryin to make a living, so what if he picked people up.its all about customer service init.
>>dont knock the guy...

I wasn't really knocking BH at all, it was more a bit of gentle fun - I'm sure that he could teach me a thing or two about customer service.

The joke is, I know how far BH was from the station when he was working in the garage he mentioned - most of us would think twice about starting the car for such a short trip!

Number_Cruncher