hazard lights - bedfordrl
A question that i have been pondering for years (shows what a sad life i have) is why are hazard lights all four indicators ?, why are they not red ,i.e. rear red lights and red at front.
When you approach a car parked amongst others all you can see is the right hand flasher and they could be indicating out, and indicators flash anyway whereas red lights do not flash.
Probably a logical reason , but why ??.
hazard lights - Robin Reliant
The logical reason would be that the indicators are already wired to the flasher relay so getting them to flash together is straightforward. I know what you mean though, I think we have all been fooled into waiting for a car to pull out because we could only see the r/h flashers.

It does beg the question as to why people bother with the hazard flashers if they are parked in the middle of a row of other cars.
--
hazard lights - Hamsafar
Now that technology allows any light to flash, maybe they should flash all the rear cluster lights in quick succession in a wig wag zig zag flip flop efect.
Or better still have seperate hazzards in purple made from blue and red leds mixed together. these are very vivid and unusal so stand out.
hazard lights - Pugugly {P}
wig wag zig zag flip flop efect.

Wow - that does describe it to a tee, nice wording.

The first car I ever saw with hazards on was a BMW 2002 touring. Nice car.
hazard lights - Adam {P}
>>uick succession in a wig wag zig zag flip flop efect.<<

I would give anything to be at the board meeting when that's propsed.

"Yes - Item one - we're thinking of fitting these new hazard lights to the Passat range of our cars - the idea is the same roughly but they have a wig wag zig zag flip flop efect."
hazard lights - bell boy
i would hazard a guess it would be too expensive adam
hazard lights - Adam {P}
Flip flop Off Oldy.
It wouldn't sound the same in German either.
hazard lights - Adam {P}
>>It wouldn't sound the same in German either.<<

Picky picky picky.

Ok then

>>Quick succession in a wig wag zig zag flip flop efect.<<

I would give anything to be at the board meeting when that's propsed.

"Jawohl - Item one - ve are thinking of fitting these new hazard lights to ze Passat range of our cars - ze idea is the same roughly but they have a wig wag zig zag flip flop efect."
PerückeWitzbold zig zag Schlagplumpseneffekt actually.
hazard lights - bell boy
got my neighbour to check if the indicators were working on my car today

he said ...........yesnoyesnoyesno.yesnoyesnoyesno.yesnoyesnoyesno
hazard lights - yorkiebar
surely,

wigen wagen, zigan zagen, flippen floppen ?
hazard lights - Adam {P}
You're just being silly now Yorkie.