I got the Vectra 3.2 - happy so far - smokie
04 reg Elite, 23k miles, auto, nice nick - Network Q - £8500. No trade in.

It goes like stink. The semi auto is fun. If I paid petrol I would be worried about the current consumption, but I will settle down in it soon and it should go Pmega-like (28 mpg I hope).

Network Q tried to sell me GAP insurance, additional 3 year warranty (it is still on manufactirers, plus has a year's Network Q) and tyre insurance.

The £99 tyre insurance covers for damage and punctures for two years. The tyres are similar to the Omega - £105+ a corner. Having only had two punctures in my driving career thjis seemed like a better bet for the insurers than for me.

However, having parked it with the front wheels at an angle today I notice that there is a gouge - not *that* deep - of about 3/4" across on one of the front tyres - middle of the tread. I'm wondering whether I can get the insruance retrospectively... :-) However initially I am going to talk to the salesman and suggest the car wasn't fully 114 point checked before delivery...

Off to Huddersfield tonight so first long run (if you exclude collection from Luton).
I got the Vectra 3.2 - happy so far - Pugugly {P}
More importantly does it sound good ??
Well, yes. And also importantly, it's a wolf in sheeps clothing... :-)
So it looks faster than it is ?
I'm guessing maybe you caught the mistype before I edited it. :-) A sheep in wolf's clothing wouldn't have been so good... LOL

Thank goodness for Edit buttons, that what I say!!! :-)
I got the Vectra 3.2 - happy so far - Wales Forester
I think the edit buttons should be on a timeshare scheme :-)

Enjoy the car smokie, sounds like quite a sleeper.
What's the spec on it toywise ?
For a "top of the range" it hasn't got much at all. Less than the Omega had. I have the List Price details and everything is £100 extra, factory fitted.

No sunroof, reversing sensor, folding mirrors, Xenon lights, auto lighting, auto wipers, satnav, heated screen - you name it, it hasn't got it!!

Just a fairly reasonable sound system, cruise control and....208bhp :-) . 0 - 60 in 7.1 and top of 155 according to the blurb...
I got the Vectra 3.2 - happy so far - barchettaman
Less extras = less stuff to go wrong.
I´m Mr Positive today.
I got the Vectra 3.2 - happy so far - Frogeye
PC plod can get 159mph from them!! and keep his licence.
I got the Vectra 3.2 - happy so far - MichaelR
Anyone can be happy with a modern car, even one which is poor compared to the rest of the class, if they didn't bother to appraise the rest of the class before buying.
I got the Vectra 3.2 - happy so far - Dynamic Dave
No auto wipers,

Blimey! Even my 2.2 Elegance has got the autowipers. Has it got the auto polarising rear view mirror?
I got the Vectra 3.2 - happy so far - Zippy123
Yes so has my 2.2 Design. They have never worked properly though, neither do the washers and may other problems listed elsewhere on this site.
I got the Vectra 3.2 - happy so far - prm72
I've even got auto wipers on my LS
I got the Vectra 3.2 - happy so far - rcspeirs
My Vectra 3.2 Elite has got auto wipers.
Are you sure yours hasn't got them?
No I'm not sure whether it has auto wipers. How would I tell???

The rear view mirror was doing some odd stuff in the dark so I suppose that's polarising.

Made it to Huddersfield and back yesterday (via Daventry) so plenty of opportunity to try it out. Certainly does go, handling seems good (but doesn't feel quite as stable as the Omega. MFD showed over 32mpg for the trip which, given that I was "testing" quite a bit is a vast improvement on the Omega (if it's accurate, which the Omegsa wasn't).

I used the semi auto gears in manual mode occasionally but would agree that the response sometimes seems a bit slow - but they make it even more fun.
I got the Vectra 3.2 - happy so far - Dynamic Dave
No I'm not sure whether it has auto wipers. How would I tell???

RTFM ;o)

There is a sensor in the windscreen in the same area as the rear view mirror, which can be seen from outside.

Also, when you turn on the intermittant wipe (lightly flick the RH stalk up), that switches the auto wipers on. You can control the sensitivity from the 4 position switch on the stalk.

You can of course override the auto wipers by tapping the RH stalk up again to put it into normal mode, and tap up again to put into flat out mode. However, most of the time I just let the auto wipers take care of things. If it comes onto rain fast enough the window sensor will put the wipers on continously, and in a downpour the wipers will automatically go flat out. As soon as the rain stops, the wipers will stop.
I got the Vectra 3.2 - happy so far - Roly93
I have to say I don't normally look at Vectra's, but I take my hat of to anyone buying one of these, as a bargain way of getting starship-like performance !
I got the Vectra 3.2 - happy so far - Blue {P}
To be fair, whilst it might not be as dynamic as some of it's rivals, I quite like the new Vectra, I think it has a very solid look about it that inspires confidence, and I bet the 3.2 goes like stink :-)

Blue
Me too-----Signim Signum I must not admit to liking the Signum....
I got the Vectra 3.2 - happy so far - Adam {P}
I sat in a 3.2 Signum yesterday.

Really disappointed with the interior. But the rear passenger space is very impressive!
I got the Vectra 3.2 - happy so far - Happy Blue!
That's my beef with Vectra's over Mondeos. The Vectra has this cliff of obviously metallised plastic on the dash which looks awful.