Vauxhall vectra 'check' light - amylou27
Hi, i have an automatic vectra and everytime i start my engine, the 'CHECK' light on the lcd display comes on. When i press on the brake/clutch pedal it goes out?!
Can anyone tell me if this is right or not. The car drives fine and have no problems otherwise.
Thankyou
Vauxhall vectra 'check' light - chairmanmatt

Nothing to worry about.

It's the same on my vectra. My car was given to me by my brother when I returned from oversees to use. He has a few cars, didn't use it much and put it through its MOT for me (generous I know). Basically he chose not to buy Vauxhall brake pads (as non vauxhall are significantly cheaper). Subsequently they don't have the vauhall code sensor, so it asks the brakes to be checked.
Soon you'll get traffic master coming on one day every month. Really frustrating when your on a long drive. Damn you traffic master.
Matt
Ok, thanks for that. I have no trouble with it otherwise, i just thought i'd ask.
Not had the traffic master thing yet, but it sounds like i will lol
Vauxhall vectra 'check' light - Dynamic Dave
Basically he chose not to buy Vauxhall brake pads (as non vauxhall are significantly cheaper).
Subsequently they don't have the vauxhall code sensor, so it asks the brakes to be checked.

?? The brake pad sensor is a separate item to the brake pad. The asking "for the brakes to be checked" is actually to check that the brake lights are working.

That aside,

amylou27, is this the small check light in the corner of the display; or in the main display itself? (the latter of course if you have the fuel and blown bulb warning computer)
Vauxhall vectra 'check' light - Cymrogwyllt
Thankfully the Vec C has no trafficmaster. at least mine does not.
Vauxhall vectra 'check' light - Dynamic Dave
Trafficmaster was phased out in approx 1999 as standard fitment in Vectras. You got the 1st years subscription free, and then had to pay afterwards. Hardly anyone bothered, hence why Vauxhall dropped it.
Hi, the CHECK light/sign is in the bottom right hand corner of the main lcd display screen. Where it tells you the outside temp etc.
As i said as soon as i apply the slightest of pressure on the brake/clutch pedal it goes out and doesnt come back on. I was just wondering if this is normal?!
Thankyou
Vauxhall vectra 'check' light - robert
yes - its a test of the system - its supposed to do it ...............