Farewell, faithful friend - Pat L
Well, the day has come part with my BMW. It'sgoing to a friend in the village so hopefully it's more a case of au revior, but I'm still a litle sad to see it go ( my new Passat is arriving next Monday).

And for those who may be wary of high mileage vehicles and/or BMW build quality consider the following: car is a 318iSE Touring bought 4 years ago with 134,000 miles, now at 179,000 miles. It has not missed a beat, been serviced at the village garage (thorough, honest abd reasonbly-priced), only unscheduled part was a new battery 2 years ago. Still got the same exhaust! 6 new tyres. Overall mpg about 35. The car is still a pleasure to drive on its sports suspension. Bought for £5700 selling for £1200 (it needs MOT, tax and a service).

Anyway, I'll let you know if the Passat fares as well!

Cheers
Pat
Farewell, faithful friend - defender
yes you do get used to them just being there ,over the last 14 years we have had 2 volvos which have done in the region of 250000 miles with no major repairs and one breakdown that I can think of (fuel filter sending unit in tank).
the current one is due mot but cant make my mind up whether to do it or replace it ,its due me nothing but replacements are getting scarcer ,depreciation is less than £1.20 per day over the 14 years
Farewell, faithful friend - barney100
If you are unsure about changing your Volvo I urge you to check the Volvo ownera club high mileage section. Some of those cars have starship mileages and go on for years with TLC.
Farewell, faithful friend - Dalglish
car is a 318iSE Touring bought 4 years ago with 134,000 miles, now at 179,000 miles

>>

would like to know how old (which reg?) was the car when you bought it?

Farewell, faithful friend - bell boy
look here
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=40864&...e
Farewell, faithful friend - Dalglish
look here

thanks oldman. it is always good to know the result of a previously posted question!

Farewell, faithful friend - jacks
S reg 318 tourer that's been regularly serviced for £1200 - I think the buyer has got a pretty good workhorse bargain , despite the mileage. And if the unfortunate happens and major problems occur then the buyer can just walk away knowing he hasn't spent a fortune on it.

Jacks

Farewell, faithful friend - neil
Or, he could have paid more for PG's older, much-pranged, Polo!

Seems value to me!

N
Farewell, faithful friend - Pat L
Yes, I think they've got a good deal here, but the car owes me nothing and I'm glad to see it going to a good home. And it saved me the hassle of advertising, time-wasters etc. Fair deal on both sides overall I reckon

The family it has gone to are BMW mad, and the mum is less than thrilled to see yet another beemer join the other 4 on the drive!

Meanwhile I've got to wait til Monday for the Passat (incidentally, I got a great deal through drivethedeal.com).

Pat
Farewell, faithful friend - Dry bearings
"Yes, I think they've got a good deal here, but the car owes me nothing and I'm glad to see it going to a good home"
You're the type of person I like to buy from.Breeds confidence in the deal.
Hope you enjoy your new car as much.Long time to Monday eh?