any suggestions please - blondewivabrain
can anyone being really honest, say what car should i try next to use as a eliable taxi, ive had a vauxhall carlton in 1990 it got worn out, changed to the vauxhall omega - gave up with that as it had nearly all sensors replaced, two rebuilt engines, changed to a 1998 2.0 td mondeo, had never ever problems with that too, ie, fuel injectors, glow plugs, and bad shaking through the steering wheel, changed to a 2001 2.0 mondeo tddi , and have experienced more problems than ever, two diesel pumps costing 650.00 each. drop links replaced twice, drivers seat replaced, clutch that took 2 days to fit as the whole subframe had to come out, ongoing air con problems (which are still happening ) bad tyre wear even after paying out for the ford 4 wheel alignment, i could go on but dont want to bore you, i need a good, heavy working diesel, that doesnt need things replacing so frequently, many thanks claire
any suggestions please - Shaz {p}
Avensis should do the trick. Petrol.

Incidentally what mileage were your previous cars? Were they well maintained befre you bought them? Seen many mk11 mondeos with 200k + on them as taxis - running fine (includes td)
any suggestions please - y2k+4
Skoda Octavia TDi gets my vote. Economical, reliable, roomy enough for taxiing duties.
any suggestions please - Dynamic Dave
can anyone being really honest, say what car should i try next to use as a eliable taxi,

Some suggestions here:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=42712
any suggestions please - Galaxy
There was a chap on here several months back who had just acquired a Toyota Prius to use as a taxi. I seem to recall he was somewhere in the Scotish Isles.

As far as I know, he has never reappeared in the BR. Would be very interested to learn how he's getting on.
any suggestions please - blondewivabrain
thanks dave read your link and very helpful and informative, many thanks
any suggestions please - Westpig
Personally wouln't bother with the Toyota Prius, drove one at work for while.........Totally uninspiring drive, fiddly and not that economical, despite the hype.... very disappointed and can't understand why so many celebs have them, unless it's just to appease the rest of us with their so called green credentials.

Anyone driven the Honda hybrid,as the Honda Civic 2.2 D that has temporarily replaced the Prius (Honda have run out of UK hybrids due to a big order apparently) is really quite good. We're due to get a hybrid one soon and if it's anything like the quality of the current diesel one i'm looking forward to it.