diesel friesel - Brad
planning on a trip to the alps in december and friends are saying my diesel will just freeze. Expecting temperatures of -20 at altitudes of 1250m for a couple of weeks. Car will be parked outside. Can diesel survive this or should I buy a petrol car now?
diesel friesel - psi
MAG-KREEN engine tonic
MAG-KREEN is a fuel treatment with a unique blend of Magdakote 21(M21) and other superior additives. MAG-KREEN raises octance, clean and lubricates fuel system all in one concentrated product. This is one of the finest fuel conditioner available approved for all grades of leaded or unleaded gasoline including diesel. MAG-KREEN completely dissipates moisture from fuel systems, eliminating water droplet explosions that occur during fuel detonation. These explosions erode injector nozzles, lowering efficiency, thus necessitating frequent replacement of expensive parts. MAG-KREEN also controls fungus growth in diesel fuel and its antigelling agent prevents solidification of fuel even in coldest climates.

www.magdaco.com.sg/product.html

any antigelling agent should suffice to stop the diesel gelling
diesel friesel - type's'
My understanding is that anti-gelling agents are pretty common in most diesels now days.
My bro in law drive in the alps regualrly in his lorry and only uses standard diesel.
The diesel purchased locally should be ok.
It might be worth dropping an e-mail to Shell, BP or similar to see what they say.
diesel friesel - George Porge
If you purchase the fuel near to the alps surely it will be fit for the purpose?
diesel friesel - AngryJonny
You could always do like lorry drivers of the past and set a fire under your fuel tank.
diesel friesel - George Porge
Most car tanks are now plastic, not a good idea
diesel friesel - AngryJonny
Yeah... that's probably the only reason why I wouldn't do it.
diesel friesel - Pugugly {P}
As someone suggested, tank up locally, the addatives will be spot on. How do people manage year round there

735310 - Total sense in an upside down world.
diesel friesel - gsb
Also make sure your battery is up to it. When it's v cold with a diesel you need a high CCA rating (cold cranking amps). I was caught out last xmas when it was about -25 for 10 days.