How do I find out how much the alloys ar - teb
Just bought a second hand corsa for 17 year old son. Most insurers wont touch him as it's got alloys and if they do quote, the prices are over £2k on average.

One insurer will quote but needs to know if the alloys are worth more or less than £250. I've got no idea. Search on the net for KBA 43048 which was stamped on the alloys, just brings up a German forum page. Alloys are 13" and have Vauxhall motif in the centre but I can't get any info from the Vauxhall garages I've phoned so far.

Anyone got any ideas of value or how to find out? Need insurance sorted urgently.

Cheers for any help.
How do I find out how much the alloys ar - Chicken Vindaloo
Not sure if this is any use, but a quick Google produced this:

www.grasmere.co.uk/parts/specials.htm

"13" alloy wheels set of 4 from £169.96"

CV
How do I find out how much the alloys ar - bell boy
they sound like alleycat lookalikes and could be purchased from vauxhall at the time of ordering the car new...
They have no street cred for wheel thieves with any savvy because they are "only 13 inch" and therefore not wanted....
Simpsons salvage at york would sell a set of these with goodish tyres for £100..
More importantly ascertain whether the correct wheel studs are fitted for these wheels and for peace of mind a locking set of wheel nuts as well (£25 at halfords etc)
Thanks guys. As it happens the first advisor misinformed me apparently and was told after phoning the insurance company back again that son wont be insured at all regardless of alloy cost because of his age and the fact the alloys are on at all! Flaming waste of time and effort.

How do I find out how much the alloys ar - robcars
Why not visit local scrap yard and put some ordinary steel wheels on? Even if you have to buy new tyres to fit them its not going to be that expensive?
Did think about that, but there's also been an airbag fitted to the steering wheel and that's classed as a modification too so even that's a problem for the insurance companies. Some modification rules I understand, some I think are just downright stupid. Seriously thinking about selling the thing and getting the most basic model going.
How do I find out how much the alloys ar - mike hannon
Are you sure the airbag is an after-market fitment? - sounds a bit unlikely to me.
Your idea of getting the most basic model going is probably the best in the short term - it won't be forever...
How do I find out how much the alloys ar - Dynamic Dave
Did think about that, but there's also been an airbag fitted to the steering wheel and that's classed as a modification

How old is the Corsa? I think you might find the AB is a standard fitment. Too much would be involved to fit as an optional extra after it's left the production line.
How do I find out how much the alloys ar - stuartl
As previously suggested I would remove the alloys without a second thought. Aftermarket alloys suggest to insurance companies (and most people in my opinion!) that a boy racer is driving.....

If they are any good get a set of standard wheels and flog the alloys on ebay and that will help pay the insurance. Might also make the car less attractive to light fingered boy racers into the bargain......!
How do I find out how much the alloys ar - LeePower
How old is the Corsa in question?

Ive seen some R reg Corsas without a drivers airbag, Whoever ordered the car from new might have ticked the drivers airbag box when the dealer was stiching them up with optional extras.
How do I find out how much the alloys ar - L'escargot
Why not visit local scrap yard and put some ordinary steel
wheels on?

Kiss of death to both the street cred and social status of any 17 year-old!
--
L\'escargot.
How do I find out how much the alloys ar - mike hannon
Six months or a year of street cred comes expensive at that age.
How do I find out how much the alloys ar - George Porge
For what its worth I think the insurance co were stating that if the wheels were worth more than £250 (probibly the policy excess anyway) then the wheels would'nt be covered in case of theft (you would'nt claim for wheel theft if the cost to replace was less than the policy excess would you?).

How do I find out how much the alloys ar - Mookfish
It would be fair to assume that the airbag was factory fitted, this is what most people would do and therefore wouldn't mention it to the insurance, so I can't see there being any problem in the event of a claim if you don't mention it either.