Squeaking Front Wheels -SEAT Leon 1.9tdi - piuzzo_steve
I'm having a mysterious squeaking coming from (as far as I can tell) the passenger side front wheel.

It doesn't happen when the car is cold (i.e if stationary for a few hours) but once warmed up for 10mins of urban driving the noise appears. This has lead me to beleive that it's a brake issue?

It happens under braking which would lead to the usual suspects (dirty or fading brakes etc) but more worryingly it starts to happen everytime I turn right (again only once the car is warmed up).

The noise stopped yesterday during heavy rain but has resumed this morning once dry.

Are the two likely to be connected? Also, the tracking is out; would this be of any relevance?

I've booked it in for a 'free' brake test at ATS (and to get the tracking done) to make sure but would dodgy brakes make the noise when turning? My colleague tells me he had a similar problem and it was a suspension issue?
Squeaking Front Wheels -SEAT Leon 1.9tdi - Screwloose
s

Some possibles: stone caught in the disc shield: ABS reluctor ring rusted through and rubbing on sensor; centre mount of the exhaust come un-welded from the pipe. As always with noises - could be a lot of other things too....
Squeaking Front Wheels -SEAT Leon 1.9tdi - piuzzo_steve
Thanks.

I'm pretty sure it's the brakes as it only seems to occur once warm - and a good thrashing down the motorway seems to stop it too. I'm presuming brakes 'expand' when warm in road cars?
Squeaking Front Wheels -SEAT Leon 1.9tdi - andymc {P}
My Leon needed its brake discs (as well as pads) changed some months ago - I had initially noticed a squeaking rather than a grinding noise, but the brake discs and pads seemed fine. It was an intermittent noise and at first I thought it might be some grit in the wheel bearing. However, while the disc surface visible to me from the outside seemed perfectly fine, there was a lot of corrosion "hidden" on the inner surface, where the pads had worn unevenly. I only got my mechanic to check the brakes properly when I started to hear a grinding noise on braking - by then the corrosion had already gotten so bad that the brakes were constantly fouled, which in turn affected the performance and economy (and there I was thinking I had a dodgy MAF). My mechanic said he had noticed this happening with a couple of Boras and Octavias too, so was starting to wonder if it was a VAG-wide problem. Then last week I discovered the same thing had happened on my Passat! From hearing the first grinding noise to getting it checked took three days, but the disks had to be changed anyway as the wear had been increasing for some time.
--
andymc
Vroom, vroom - mmm, doughnuts ...
Squeaking Front Wheels -SEAT Leon 1.9tdi - onlyrush
Dear sgreenwood,

Did you found a problem? I have the same noise already long time!