97 P11 Primera cowl cover - Kostic
Hi everyone,

I was changing wiper pivots on the car and I wonder if the cowl cover has to be sealed really tight to the windshiled (the windshield side of the cover). When I was taking it off the plastic lip that runs along the cover didn't seem to have any traces of sealant (or may be it dried up over time).

Should I apply some sealant to it ? If yes, of what kind ? I've got some silicone sealant, but I fear it will glue too hard and it will be a nightmare to get off later if required. Or may be just some silicone grease will help ?

I also managed to break one pin (damn!), the one on the driver side, upper coner near the edge of the cover. I'm not sure how important this pin is as it is close to the edge where the cover is held by the windshiled side weatherstrip anyway. I presume these should be available from the dealers ? Or are any motor factors good for automotive plastic fastener assortments ?

P.S. The car leaked twice this winter actually (long before I touched the cowl cover). The first time I traced it to the bonnet release cable grommet, which came off. But the second time I couldn't trace it to anything. I wonder if this could be related to the possibly dried up sealant on the cowl cover.

Thanks

Kostic
97 P11 Primera cowl cover - bell boy
didnt know p11"s leaked are you sure the drain holes are clear?
sorry no idea with the plastic cowling but they are not usually glued in ,be aware that its easy to pressurise the windscrean and create a crack,i did this with a corsa a few years back...
didnt know p11"s leaked are you sure the drain holes are
clear?

They might be blocked in the cowl. I'll check today.
BTW, Where is cabin air intake located on Primeras ? Is it in the cowl by any chance ?

Kostic
97 P11 Primera cowl cover - bell boy
if you cant see it by looking under bonnet then if you take the glovebox out (5 mins job 6 screws) all should become clear.check the pollen filter while you are there if its got one (i ts one philips screw and then pulls out right in the middle

sorry dont know more
check the pollen filter while you are there if its got one

Thanks, oldman

It does have pollen filter. I changed it last year myself. Didn't look for the location if for intake though.
97 P11 Primera cowl cover - McP
Bit late but....
The air intake is under the cowl, behind the wiper motor.

I fixed one of my wiper pivots using a spare nozzle from some silicone sealer!