Mysterious Water Leak from Audi Engine? - boxer99
Hi all,

I have a mysterious water leak on my Audi Coupe Gt 2.0i 5 cylinder.
I changed the coolant last night. Then I ran the engine to remove any air.
I then went to the shops and after about one minutes driving I noticed a red light flash on the dashboard indicating low coolant. I immediately pulled over and noticed one of the hoses had come off(going from bottom of radiator to engine was off). obviously water had leaked out. I Imeddiately topped up with water.

When I got home a few minutes later I had a look and could see coolant in a slow but constant drip of water. All the pipes were checked and tightened. no cuts or leaks in the pipes but I notice water was coming from thre bottom of the engine block.

Any ideas what this could be?
I hope i have not messed up the head gasket!!

Mysterious Water Leak from Engine? - Collos25
has it got Air Con.
Mysterious Water Leak from Engine? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
I am no expert.
But if the bottom radiator hose became completely detached all of your coolant would have been lost.
Is this the case?
If leak is actually coming from the block , is it cracked or a leaky core plug? Sort the leak first then cross your fingers that consequential damage has not occurred.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Mysterious Water Leak from Engine? - boxer99
how will this leak be sorted if this is the case?
No air con
its a 1984 b reg coupe gt
Mysterious Water Leak from Engine? - bell boy
any decent garage should have a water pressure tester this will pinpoint your leak in no time without having scalding water spraying on you.....
sounds like a core plug by the way !5 pence for the plug its the fitting that can be awckward depending where it is..
Mysterious Water Leak from Engine? - SpamCan61 {P}
Water pump bearing?
Mysterious Water Leak from Engine? - turbo11
you would have lost most of your coolant all around the engine bay.Some of this may have been dripping down the engine block when you stopped.As this happened last night,what is your water level now?.
checked water level this morning,
it was very low.
i moved the car a ew yards to a different spot and water leak appered again.
Mysterious Water Leak from Engine? - defender
I would also suggest checking the water pump bearing