a kind deed - defender
we hear so much about motorists inconsideration for those on foot that I thought last weeks display of kindness worth a mention. while on holiday on the west coast of scotland my family crossed to the island of lismore by the passenger ferry from appin ,after walking for about 3 miles it was very obvious that we were going to get soaked by a cloudburst so turned to return to the ferry but 2 minutes later mr and mrs defender and 2 children were soaked to the skin and it didnt look like we were going to be back in time for the next ferry so would have an hour to wait.
however a kind chap with a small lorry took pity and although he had his cab full he took his passengers to the boat and returned to collect us ,the water was running out of our clothes by this time but there was no thought about his cab getting soaked ,despite having to go a bit further to turn he got us back to the boat which his mate asked to wait for us, he would take nothing for his trouble and just said it could have been his family
I hope I can repay him some day even if only by passing his good deed on to someone else
a kind deed - Pugugly {P}
There are decent people. A thought that keeps me going in a working life full of double dealing liars.
a kind deed - neil
a working life full of double dealing liars.

And criminals! ;-)
a kind deed - Pugugly {P}
Neil,

You must be telepathic.
a kind deed - Martin Devon
we hear so much about motorists inconsideration for those on foot

They are out there but as rare as rockin' horse poo.

vbr md
a kind deed - chairmanmatt
I think it must be a Scottish thing. On a weekend trip with friends about a month ago I was a passenger in a friends 1986 Saab 900. Driving past Glasgow there was a dragging noise from bellow the car and sounded like the exhaust had fallen off. Stopped in a, what appeared to be, a rough suburb of Glasgow. It was late Sunday afternoon and we pulled up on the side of the road. A guy and his son were walking past and we asked if they knew of any local garages that would be open. Obviously no. But he went home, got some gum gun and a metal tube and basically fitted it for us. It did the job to get us to Newcastle. We offered him cash and a bottle of whiskey (had been on a distillery tour), but he refused. Genuinely nice guy!
a kind deed - borasport20
We are condtioned to think that getting to work/next appointment is more important, and gosh, picking up strangers, what a risky thing to do. Sometimes it saddens me greatly (sp? that just doesn't look right)
I hope I can repay him some day even if only
by passing his good deed on to someone else

pass it on, pass it on, pass it on, Today, tomorrow, next month. You'll do somebody a favour and you'll feel better for it.

--
Go on, get out of the car...
www.mikes-walks.co.uk

Ask Honest John

Value my car