Peugeot 406 2.1 TD, engine cutting out. - Brian
I have a Peugeot 406 2.1 T D with 53,000 miles. About 1000 m. ago the engine stopped for an instant and then resumed power, this happened again about 200 m. later. At 10,000 m. I had disconnected the EGR system, very beneficially, but I don't think this has anything to do with the problem. Yesterday the engine stopped again for a second and a further twice all within the space of half a mile, but was then O K for ten miles home.

The problem is I am due to go to Spain on Sunday 3 April, towing a caravan, for six weeks and I am worried about what may happen. My garage suggested a new fuel filter and this has been done, even though accordind toinvoices the filter had only been in use since 37,000.

Has anyone any suggestions, please?
Re: Peugeot 406 2.1 TD, engine cutting out. - Mark (Brazil)
anything happen to the electrics ? Any warning lights ? Just dead, or splutter then dead.
Re: Peugeot 406 2.1 TD, engine cutting out. - Big Vern
Probably irrelanvant but I had a Renault 19 TD that had very similar symptoms due to fitting a MAN fuel filter, the local indepandant dealer replaced it (Can't remember what brand they put in as a replacement) and it cured the problem.