help getting a standered interior mirror - adam f
need a interior mirror for my car. i need a complete kit including its bracket that it sits in.
vw want just under £40 and so do eurocarparts.com. cant find any on GSF and ebay only has the mirrors. went to breakers and withhout smashing the windscreen, i cant get the bracket off.
currently got one of those sticky ones from halfords but in this heat it just unsticks itself and is a bit rubbish

anyone know where i could get one from apart from the above?
help getting a standered interior mirror - Manatee
There must be an easy way to remove themat the scarppers, windscreen swappers do it all the time - presumably some solvent or other.

If it's superglue (cyanoacrylate) then I think acetone might do it - it helps when you've stuck your fingers together!

Sorry no idea where to buy a new one cheap - though presumably it doesn't have to be a VW one?
help getting a standered interior mirror - Manatee
edit - themat the scarppers = them at the scrapper's
help getting a standered interior mirror - local yokel
www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/en/2650~Rectangular+%5Bs.../
help getting a standered interior mirror - henry k
Went to breakers and withhout smashing the windscreen, I cant get the bracket off.

>>
I do not think many people get windscreens from a breakers yard.
Be brave!
When at a breakers yard It always seemed strange to me that discarding / removing by what ever means to get to the bits you want is the norm but I soon adapted my approach.
help getting a standered interior mirror - bell boy
do that in the yard that i use henry k and it wont be the owners dog that bites you........ ;-)
if you tell the yard person what you intend to do he will point out a windscreen that you can remove mirror from and the damage will be unimportant
yes i use scrapyard glass if i can ,my windscreen man goes to the yard removes it then comes to me ,it can save anything from £50 to the moon depending on car (korean stuff is mind numbingly expensive new)
the link to the suction mirror ,they still fall off over time specifically in the hot/very cold weather
when you get your new mirror youy want a dedicated windscreen mirror glue that comes with all the extra"s most factors will have a once use only kit (about £5 it is,seem to remember it was made by loctight.....
help getting a standered interior mirror - Hamsafar
You have to smash the windscreen to remove it as they're bonded in, so noone will mind.
You could also try Autoglasses' skip!
Do you mean the metal clip/bracket that is bonded on the glass? I think these are installed at the screen factory, why is yours missing?
help getting a standered interior mirror - henry k
when you get your new mirror you want a dedicated windscreen mirror glue that comes with all the extra"s most factors will have a once use only kit (about £5 it is,seem to remember it was made by loctight.....

Well, I went to my local nation wide windscreen place and they gave me two sticky pads for nothing.
Two years later and the mirror is still in place.
help getting a standered interior mirror - Pugugly {P}
Would it be easier to swap the whole windscreen out ?
help getting a standered interior mirror - jc2
They use a nylon thread to cut thro' the sticky pads;most manufacturers supply their own pads which are better than the ones supplied by factors.
help getting a standered interior mirror - L'escargot
use a nylon thread to cut thro' the sticky pads ....

Or a cheese-cutter type wire.
--
L\'escargot.
help getting a standered interior mirror - Hamsafar
The ones I have seen these days don't use a sticky pad, they have a low-profile metal thing bonded on the glass with some glue you would need a chisel to get off, the mirror then clips onto this metal thing. I think this is because newer cars have heavier mirrors, espcially if the car has or is available with electric memory position and auto-dip.
help getting a standered interior mirror - bell boy
this is what i was trying to explain Ashok Leyland but you have done a better job