Peugot 406 Air con condenser - gasoil
Has anybody ever replaced the condenser on a 406 Hdi? My cars got a leak and would be keen to replace it myself. I take it the coolant radiadtor has to come out first?
Peugot 406 Air con condenser - elekie&a/c doctor
This is not a difficult job on an Hdi.Although the coolant rad needs to be removed first,it can be "stepped back"after removal of the top panel and securing brackets,with the coolant hoses still attached.The biggest problem will be removal of the 2 a/c pipes that are attached to the condenser.These will be rock solid seized and will be easier to remove once the condenser is out of the car, so they need to be detached from the compressor and filter drier.HTH.
Peugot 406 Air con condenser - gasoil
Thanks for your reply. Just bought the car dont know how long the a/c has been out of action, but filled with OFN tonight and it deffo has a leak at condenser. Would you fit a new filter drier? when doing the condenser?
Peugot 406 Air con condenser - elekie&a/c doctor
As you do not know previous history of a/c system ,I would def suggest replace filter drier.Also check operation of cooling fan ,and probably a good idea to change cabin/pollen filter.(nearside scuttle area).